The FastDay Forum

Introduce Yourself!

Our Frequently Asked Questions topic will answer many of your fasting & weight loss questions!

If you're new and have a question or need some advice, please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!

18 posts Page 2 of 2
Re: not so newbie back again
05 Jun 2016, 06:47
weekly weigh in at boots showed no loss on the scales :( but, & its a good but, I have lost 2" from my waist so not as bloated as normal.
bit disappointed with the no-weight loss but I have been running most days so telling myself that its muscle!! (& water retention to repair the muscles????)
trying to do a 6 month running plan. on week 5 so running 7 miles today followed by runs of 3 & 4 miles during the week with tues & thurs the only days I dont run. total of 20 miles. there are 14 weeks to this "base" training bit then its running for time as opposed to miles. hoping to do a marathon next year as never done one but ran 2 half-marathons a few years ago so have a bit of an idea what Im letting myself in for.
planning 2 fasts this week & hoping that the scales are kinder next saturday
good luck to all those fasting today. shelley
05 Jun 2016, 17:03
Well done Shelley on the 2" loss, I think you're probably right about the muscle gain and water retention. The scale can be very unkind sometimes but the tape measure never lies. Good luck as you continue.
05 Jun 2016, 18:55
thankyou @justdee

managed my 7 mile run & actually enjoyed it. as I wasnt hungry when I got back I decided today was gonna be a fast day. have eaten a few boiled sweets in the car on the way to relatives & a whole tin of beans on 2 bits of toast for dinner plus 10 maltesers :)

will have to look into what to eat after a run as Im sure I should be having some sort of protein within 30 mins of getting home.

bye for now. shelley
18 posts Page 2 of 2