The FastDay Forum

Introduce Yourself!

Our Frequently Asked Questions topic will answer many of your fasting & weight loss questions!

If you're new and have a question or need some advice, please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!

18 posts Page 1 of 2
not so newbie back again
22 May 2016, 13:06
I tried fasting a couple of years ago with success when I was unable to run due to an injury but still wanted to lose weight. anyways Im now back again. I did try slimming world but hate having to watch what Im eating all the time so I dont oversyn. I have about 9 or 10lb to lose to be happy in my clothes again & will fast on sundays & wednesdays or thursdays which will be easier for me as I am not at work. today is my first fast day & so far so good. I have a vegetable biriami ready meal for later & up to now have not felt hungry. went for a run this morning so its normally a few hours before I want to eat anything anyway so feeling confident. Im filling up on drinks so I dont get that dreaded headache & as Im up at 2.45am for work tomorrow will be going to bed about 9pm so wont have too many hours to think about food.

just wanted to say hello. Im so glad this site is still running. wish me luck :)
Re: not so newbie back again
23 May 2016, 11:35
Good luck johns,I am still new I have tried it in the past but didn't last doing much better this time about 4 weeks in,I would love to loose about 5 kg but really wanting to give this ago to lower my cholesterol levels
Let's encourage each other
23 May 2016, 11:42
I hope that your fast day went well, @johns. It sounds as if you have a well thought out plan and, as a previous faster, you know the pitfalls that you may encounter along the way. Keep visiting the forum, there are still some of the long-term residents around and the newbies, of course!
23 May 2016, 20:36
Good luck. I'm still here too.
24 May 2016, 01:06
Good luck I am a returner too. I came back properly in January and have lost between 8 and 9 kg since then plus about 15 cm from my waist. I would like to lose a few more kilos (around 5) so am sticking with it. Definitely check in here often and join one of the challenges to keep you accountable. :clover: :clover:
24 May 2016, 08:31
Hi there @johns and welcome to our friendly forum!
I'm another 'oldie' who has recently returned to fasting. Like you, I tried Slimming World but unlike you I'm still sticking with it. I find it useful on non-fast days. This was my big stumbling block the first time around! I guess I ate too many carbs!
Anyway, I wish you all the best with your fasting days.

Bean :bugeyes:
24 May 2016, 13:01
Hi there Johns, I have been doing 5:2 on and off since 2013 too, and like you not much to lose. Lost 10 lb in 6 weeks initially then relaxed somewhat. ...kept that off but waist starting to increase so have been properly vigilant since Jan 1st and have now lost 4" from waist (not measured anywhere else). No longer feeling any bad effects on fast days, in fact quite like a rest from food. Also no longer feel uneasy if circumstances make me miss a meal altogether on a "normal" day. It just feels like the way I live now, not a diet. Good luck on your journey
24 May 2016, 17:28
Howdy and welcome back... never too late to have another go!
Think i am on my 4 th try! XX :razz: whats that saying,If at first you dont succeed,try try again ! :victory:
24 May 2016, 19:10
thank you all for your messages. wishing you all good luck too :)

first fast went well but today I seem to have eaten everything I have been craving whilst trying to be good over the last few weeks. got second fast planned for tomorrow so will have a lie in, go for a 3 mile run & then just chill out for the rest of the day. think I will have eggs in some form for my dinner, possibly with salad & some new potatoes or sweet potato chips (done in the oven with fry light). will see what the calorie content is.

its nice to know that past fasters come back to this & are having good results again.

bye for now, shelley x
24 May 2016, 19:14
Welcome back and best of luck to you! You might find you fare better with a protein heavy meal like eggs. Ooooh, now I'm wanting one of those salads with a bit of bacon and an egg on it >.<
29 May 2016, 20:17
Hello @johns and welcome from another returner!

I don't know why we can't all just ditch the weight...& keep it off! Wouldn't that be nice? Just to do it once and for all would be great. I'm trying yet again...and as usual, am starting off with high resolve. What I don't know is...for how long? That particular variable is all in my mind. A mind that can seemingly sabotage my efforts at will, tut tut. Crack the mind thing and I'll have cracked it for good!

There seem to be so many of us in the same boat on here - which is why I like this forum. Instead of beating myself up mentally if I slip up, I remind myself that we are all only human - others face the same temptations as I do on a daily basis. After all, food is such a pleasure! It's just the effects of too much of it that's the problem!

Anyway, best of luck to you Shelley! Keep us posted on your progress...
29 May 2016, 20:29
woohoo!!! 2lbs lost this week

did 2 fasts & ran 17 miles in total ~ it was soooooo great to step on the scales at boots & see a 2lb loss. seems to have been ages since I lost anything & the best thing for me was that I wasn't watching what I ate on the other days.

brilliant :) xx
29 May 2016, 20:45
Great news! That's so encouraging! I'm a returner too..... we can all do it. :)
02 Jun 2016, 18:55
That's brilliant @johns - I'm really pleased for you!

Proof once more that 5:2 really works. That will no doubt spur you on, so very well done!
03 Jun 2016, 16:26
That is fantastic!
18 posts Page 1 of 2