The FastDay Forum

Introduce Yourself!

Our Frequently Asked Questions topic will answer many of your fasting & weight loss questions!

If you're new and have a question or need some advice, please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!

4 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

New here too. Found the forum via the thread on Money saving forum, which I found via helpful links on the fastdiet website. :D

I watched Horizon when it first aired and have been raving about it ever since. Got Chtistmas out of the way and decided to start making changes to a 5:2 fasting lifestyle.

Got a mother with high cholesterol and a father and other family members with diabetes, and a niggling knee injury I am trying to recover from, so am interested in the health aspects as well as losing the extra 2 stone I am carrying.

Very pleased to find a forum dedicated to this as I don't use facebook.
Happy fasting everyone!
Welcome to the forum Papillon! Loving your hair colour... :-)
Yes welcome Papillon. I think this forum is great too, just more people need to know about it - I am sure Moogie has a plan!

I am amazed how many people are trying 5:2, it seems to be going viral (in a good way). And as there is little hard fact out there it is good to exchange info through the forum. The more people use it, the better. And let's avoid Facebook and keep the info open to everyone.

Dominic
Hi Papillion and thanks for your kind words, I'm glad you're pleased to have found this place. I always feel guilty going around trying to 'advertise' this site on other groups, though I do try to get a sly mention in when I can ;) If anyone else wants to post links to it on Facebook groups or other sites, it would probably look better than me posting about it (what with being 'The Creator', lol). I'm hoping to get a link on the main Fast Diet site, though it might take a few more users contacting them about it to actually get us anywhere. At least their contact form seems to be working now!

Really love your hair colour, I used to have that a few years back - been so many different colours now, I've gone back to a less bright shade now which is quite a change for me. My avatar is actually about 2 years old now, but I don't have any good recent photos and I'm about the same size now as I was then, so it'll do!

Hope 5:2 brings you as much joy as it has brought all of us :D I'm primarily in it for the weight loss, but I had a bit of a health scare last year. It turned out to just be a virus, but I had loads of blood tests done, and was concerned it could be a thyroid problem (which runs in our family) or diabetes (which my dad has due to his size). It really scared me the though of getting diabetes so young, so hopefully 5:2 will help keep that at bay too.
4 posts Page 1 of 1