The FastDay Forum

Introduce Yourself!

Our Frequently Asked Questions topic will answer many of your fasting & weight loss questions!

If you're new and have a question or need some advice, please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!

4 posts Page 1 of 1
New to 5:2 but not dieting.
28 Jan 2013, 14:19
Hello there, I just signed up so thought I would say hi and give a little intro.

My name is Jackie and I live in Leeds UK with my husband and 2 young boys (6 and 4) and also have a 15yr old step son. At the start of 2012 I decided I needed to get in shape and started losing weight. I managed to lose about 45lbs up the start of December but then with a weeks holiday in an all inclusive holiday in Fuerteventura and Xmas and new year I managed to gain back a shocking 15lbs!!!

I decided to join slimming world for a bit of extra support but would end up feeling deprived and falling off the wagon only a few days in.

I know a number of people who have been doing the 5:2 diet with very good results and I like the fact that if you chose to separate the fast days you only have to be so strict one day at a time!

I’ve started my fast day today and so far so good. Porridge oats made with water at around 11am. Some skimmed milk for teas and just having a slim a soup. Fish in butter sauce and vegetables is planned for dinner tonight so should bring total calories to around 470.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone here and giving and receiving support when needed! xx
Re: New to 5:2 but not dieting.
28 Jan 2013, 14:24
Hi there Witchy Wife

Welcome to the forum and the 5:2 way of life (not dieting ;-)). If you've already lost quite a bit of weight, you might not get such big drops as some people have achieved but as it's not a short term diet, that won't matter :-)!
28 Jan 2013, 14:28
Hi, thanks for your reply. Yep, am fully prepared for slower losses but like you say, this isn't a diet. I can still eat normally and not feel deprived on my non-fast days, so just for 2 days fasting, if I can keep a steady weight loss going, then that will do for me :)
28 Jan 2013, 15:45
welcome witchy wife- you have done absolutely fabulous already-loosing as much as you did!!!! I did slimming world as well for at least 2 years and lost about 4 stone but then reached a plateau after giving up smoking and it came back on again- not all but half of it. So this way seems to suit me so far and I can get my head round it as well- it just makes sense on so many levels.
Glad you joined us here- would say UPwards and on wards but DOWNwards is much better-lol!!! ursula
4 posts Page 1 of 1