The FastDay Forum

Introduce Yourself!

Our Frequently Asked Questions topic will answer many of your fasting & weight loss questions!

If you're new and have a question or need some advice, please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!

9 posts Page 1 of 1
new to forum
28 Jan 2013, 16:10
Hi
I just want to say hello, I have just found this forum. I am on my 7th fast day today, and I'm doing it mainly to lose weight. As a bit of a yo-yo dieter in the past, I'm hoping this will be a sustainable way to lose weight and keep it off.
Pat
Re: new to forum
28 Jan 2013, 17:20
Hi Pat & welcome to the forums & the 5:2 lifestyle.

I'm in the same boat, having spent most of my teen & adult life with my weight going up and down as I tried various diets and regimes. I've been doing 5:2 since August and can honestly say it's the best 'diet' I've tried, I don't feel restricted or denied anything, I lose weight and eat what I want to most of the time. It's a winner!
28 Jan 2013, 17:38
hi pat- you have come to the right place- this really seems to work for so many people and without the usual hassle of having to do it EVERY DAY- no weekly weigh ins and no fees to pay- I think being in charge yourself and getting support here is definately the way forward- having tried all sorts of slimming clubs myself in the past and always put the weight back on that I paid so much to loose- if you know what I mean.
This is POWER TO THE SLIMMERS!!!! ursula
28 Jan 2013, 19:06
Thanks for the welcoming words. I have spent ages looking through the forum and have just sent a link to a friend who has just started. It is really interesting reading about other's experiences, especially those who have been following it for a while. I feel very hopeful, the whole concept is so manageable.

Pat
28 Jan 2013, 19:58
Hi there - just started my first fast day yesterday and bought some scales today. What a shock - I'm 65 and can remember many moons ago when I was a fairly trim shape. Stopped smoking years ago and also stopped weighing myself. The weight has crept relentlessly on and now it's in the obese category and well past time to reverse the process.

I'm recently retired and don't want to look forward to years of depriving myself of the food I like but I also don't want to look forward to accumulating numerous health problems so I'm hoping that the 52 system will do the trick for me. When tying my shoes up becomes easier I'll know it's working!
28 Jan 2013, 20:05
Billb wrote: When tying my shoes up becomes easier I'll know it's working!

That's something I've noticed has happened! :-)
28 Jan 2013, 22:07
hi billb- welcome!!!
it will become easier with every week- just like your clothes will fit better every week and the good news is you do not have to deprive yourself of anything! It sounds strange I know but the 2 fast days are really something most people seem to look forward to- so start with an open mind- enjoy the journey and keep in touch here with all of us!!! good luck- ursula
28 Jan 2013, 22:16
Thanks Ursula - I will keep you guys posted. I'm starting a Chinese cookery course this week so I'll ask about any good lo cal recipes I can try and pass on!
29 Jan 2013, 15:00
chinese food lends itself nicely to cooking it lo-cal!!! and you get all the taste from the garlic and ginger and of course all the veg and meat as well- would be good to hear what you find out as well!!! ursula
9 posts Page 1 of 1