The FastDay Forum

Introduce Yourself!

Our Frequently Asked Questions topic will answer many of your fasting & weight loss questions!

If you're new and have a question or need some advice, please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!

8 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello to you all
30 Jan 2013, 11:14
Hi - I'm new to the site, but not too new to 5:2 - have been doing it since the Horizon show last summer - what an inspiration that was. This is now hopefully a pattern set for life for hubby and me. I in particular needed to shed some weight (have lost nearly 2 stone, but another 2+ to go)but the other health benefits which could come with thise were amazing. So, as I say, more a lifestyle change than a diet! So glad the book is now out - and I don't know how long this site's been here but so glad I've finally found it! Lots of activity and lots of inspiration. I'm pleased to join you all. :D
Re: Hello to you all
30 Jan 2013, 11:39
Hi !! Wow that's a great loss. Really inspiring to hear. I've been 5:2'ing for 1 week and have lost 5lbs. I'm loving it and how it fits into my lifestyle. Really excited & motivated for the first time in ages ! :)
30 Jan 2013, 11:39
Hi Suchard (any relation to the chocolatiers?)

Welcome to the forum. Glad you finally found us!

I needed to lose 4-5 stone too and have so far lost 1.5. Had a bit of a slow down last week and gained a little but my waist size did not increase so, hopefully this week the scales will show a loss. How has it been for you? Have you experienced slow downs and, if so, did you do anything to overcome them or did the weight loss resume again? I think a lot of people here would be glad to hear the experiences of the "old hands"!
30 Jan 2013, 11:52
Thanks for the welcomes - no relation I'm afraid carorees (I wish!), but named after my chocolate-point Siamese!! Isn't it great to hear all these stories of people shedding weight and hopefully finding a new life style. I've definitely gone through slow periods of loss but didn't do anything to overcome them, just plodded on and then things started going downhill again (as far as the scales were concerned anyway!). Think there's a lot of motivation to be found here Sheilygee - hope it goes well with you on your first week and onward. An amazing amount of posts carorees, sounds like we've got the same sort of weight to shed - wishing you well with it all. :)
30 Jan 2013, 11:55
Suchard007 wrote: An amazing amount of posts carorees, sounds like we've got the same sort of weight to shed - wishing you well with it all. :)

I'm a forum junkie! :oops: :oops: My excuse is that as a moderator I need to be on here :roll: !
30 Jan 2013, 12:21
Hi all
I'm a newbie, just this morning at work heard talk of the 5:2. I'm very overweight and have decided to give it a go as of tomorrow.

I look forward to reading and learning more.
30 Jan 2013, 12:41
Hi there, Bee, and welcome!

Glad you decided to give it a go :-). Can I suggest you read FAQ - the short answers, first as that will give you a good introduction as to how to follow the fast diet and what to expect. If you need more information on anything, please ask.
31 Jan 2013, 12:38
Thanks for the welcome I will certainly look at the FAQ.
8 posts Page 1 of 1