The FastDay Forum

Introduce Yourself!

Our Frequently Asked Questions topic will answer many of your fasting & weight loss questions!

If you're new and have a question or need some advice, please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!

6 posts Page 1 of 1
Mornin' All
13 Jan 2013, 10:48
Hello All!

I've been interested in these eating habits (hate the word diet!) since watching the original program so I thought it was about time to give it a go :D

I just thought I'd pop in and say hello because I reckon I'll be spending a bit of time here mooching about and looking for recipes.

My plan is to fast monday and thursday because it splits the week nicely and fits in with hubbys work and the days when I'm normally on my own so I can concentrate on me!

As I grow my own veg in my tiny back yard I'm planning to wander round on fast days and pick things to make soup with. I find a good soup keeps me full for longer and you know exactly whats gone in it ... plus I got a new blender and food processor for christmas which I'm always looking for an excuse to use ;)

I look forward to chatting to you all and good luck to everyone hoping to lose weight or just get a little healthier.
Re: Mornin' All
13 Jan 2013, 12:43
Hi Pixie and welcome. Love the sound of your lifestyle...wandering into the garden to pick some home grown veggies! All we have in the garden at the moment is leeks.
13 Jan 2013, 14:33
Got tons of leeks,sprouts, cabbages, kale and spinach ... ooo, that'll make a nice ermmm ... 'cleansing' soup! :o

Still got some onions, squash, carrots and parsnips stored but can't wait for the weather to improve so I can get sowing for this year. Gardening is my therapy and this year will be my second proper season and my fingers are itching :lol:
13 Jan 2013, 16:09
Hi Pixie.

I;ve always loved the idea of my own veggie garden.
13 Jan 2013, 16:46
Welcome Pixie! Oh I wish I liked gardening, as I love having fresh veggies around. I have a terrible fear of snakes, and whenever I plant something they seem to want to come live in my veggie patch :-(
13 Jan 2013, 21:00
Snakes?!!! Crikey, we just get huge worms or slugs *shudder*
We've not even got an actual garden. I have everything in planters in a tiny backyard with a 6x4 greenhouse that takes up a quarter of the yard. I've even managed to fit in a few dwarf fruit trees so I'm waiting to get cherries, pears, apples and plums this year.

It's really easy to get started and you save a fortune just growing your own mixed salad leaves in those plastic containers that you buy mushrooms in. I think it's about 70-80p for two little gem lettuces ... or you can get about 1500 seeds for around 2 quid :shock:

I've not worked for almost 3 years now due to ill health and for a very long time I didnt go over the doorstep but starting gardening has given me fresh air and 'things to do' rather than festering indoors. My old boss says that I miss working as I nurtured people while training them... now I nurture veg instead!

Gardening is fab for depression and it's great therapy ... plus it's cheaper and you get tomatoes :lol:
6 posts Page 1 of 1