The FastDay Forum

Introduce Yourself!

Our Frequently Asked Questions topic will answer many of your fasting & weight loss questions!

If you're new and have a question or need some advice, please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!

6 posts Page 1 of 1
When to weigh?
13 Jan 2013, 10:54
Could I ask when people are weigh themselves? I thought the morning after the 2 nd fasting day..... Some thing in me says this is cheating as I am expecting to be heavier as the days go on until I reach my fasting days for the week again.
Re: When to weigh?
13 Jan 2013, 12:23
Well, I assumed the morning after the fast day would give the most encouraging results but this week I had not appeared to lose anything when I weighed after fasting so I tried again today (after a feed day) and had dropped a kg.

So, probably best just to pick a day and not worry too much.
13 Jan 2013, 12:29
Yeah I think that the key is to pick a day and time and stick with it. The important thing is to track the change over time, with your body in the same condition each time as close as you can manage. Personally I weigh myself on Saturday mornings first thing after getting up before eating or drinking. Get up, go to the loo then weigh myself.
13 Jan 2013, 16:49
I think my weigh ins will be Tuesday mornings, which is also probably going to be the morning of my first fast day most weeks. I like that this program can be quite flexible, so hubby and I can move our days around to accommodate days he might have to travel for work.
13 Jan 2013, 18:40
I fast Mondays & Tuesdays. I weight myself on Wednesday mornings.

Cheers

Rob
13 Jan 2013, 20:41
I think as long as you weigh yourself the same day and time each week you will still get an accurate account of how much you lose week to week. And if you’re weighing yourself at your lightest it’s ok if it motivates you to carryon. I do the same ;)
6 posts Page 1 of 1