The FastDay Forum

Introduce Yourself!

Our Frequently Asked Questions topic will answer many of your fasting & weight loss questions!

If you're new and have a question or need some advice, please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!

7 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello all other 5:2ers
13 Jan 2013, 13:52
Hi all, I posted the TDEE Calculator link and realised I haven't actually introduced myself. I have my 4th fast day tomorrow and I'm quite looking forward to it. I weighed 12st 11 when I started I am 5ft 9 BMI was 26, and fat was31.8%.. all of which I was quite shocked at. After 1 week I weighed 12st 4, and BMI IS 25 and fat 30.8%. I lost 2 stone about 3 years ago on Atkins but soon craved the carb foods I missed occasionally and its all crept on. I am so far enjoying this way of life and imagine I will do it forever.
I have a ton of clothes in my wArdrobe some still with price tags in, and I'm determined to drop a size and be in them by spring.. ;)
Re: Hello all other 5:2ers
13 Jan 2013, 16:07
Hi ya!

You are doing great so far. I am disappointed with only losing 1kg in my first week, but only my 3rd fast day tomorrow :O)
13 Jan 2013, 16:47
Welcome Dancersmum! Congratulations on that loss -- that's stunning for the first week :-)
13 Jan 2013, 17:28
It is a good weight loss, but I know I over ate at Xmas so a lot of it will be that. I have also cut right back on the wine, which I was having at least 2 glasses most evenings and more at the weekend. I am still having some at the weekend but none during the week so that should help too... x
13 Jan 2013, 17:54
Did you hear Dr Mosley's item about alcohol intake on You and Yours on Radio 4 the other week? He says that the latest science suggests that a quarter of a glass of wine a day is as much as you can have before it starts to harm your health! :( I guess if you save it all up for the weekend you can have a whole 2 glasses on Saturday! :o

I think this is one lot of advice from Dr M that I won't be sticking to very closely. At least not drinking on fast days is some reduction! :oops:
13 Jan 2013, 18:26
Nor me Caroline, oh dear thats not good at all. I think I may have to just pretend I didn't read that lol. ;)
15 Jan 2013, 19:12
I was hoping wine would be okay coz I had not read much about it :) in relation to 5:2 I am poorly at the moment but hope to start diet next week. My sister in law has been on it since last Aug and says she feels the best ever! She was always slim but lost a stone still and feels fantastic HOPE I do!
7 posts Page 1 of 1