The FastDay Forum

Introduce Yourself!

Our Frequently Asked Questions topic will answer many of your fasting & weight loss questions!

If you're new and have a question or need some advice, please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!

6 posts Page 1 of 1
and it's hello from me
14 Jan 2013, 08:48
Hello - another newbie taking a bow :D

I started this lifestyle last Friday and my first fast day went well. I couldn't quite believe that I could eat anything on Saturday and Sunday but I gave in and had ice cream and some popcorn so we will see!

My 2nd fast day is today and I am at work soon (my first fast day on Friday I was at home) so hoping I can cope with restricted calories.

Are there any success stories/old hands on this forum who can provide us newbies with some glowing reports as inspiration?

I won't deny that weight loss is a big pull for doing this but, like a great many others, I am also very excited at the health benefits said to be gained.

Anne x
Re: and it's hello from me
14 Jan 2013, 10:02
Welcome, Anne. Good luck with your fast today...I'm sure you'll find it easier than the first.

As you'll see from my stats beside this post, I've lost 9kg (or maybe 10 but my scales are rubbish) since the start of November. It has been a fairly steady 1kg a week apart from over xmas. Only 20kg to my target weight. If the weight loss remains steady, it could be in time for the summer holidays but I can't believe it will continue at the same rate as I near the target.
14 Jan 2013, 10:30
Hello,
I am new to the forum but one week in to the Fast Diet.
I find it so helpful to browse thought the forums when I am on a Fast Day.
Today it will be cottage Cheese, Carrot sticks and Miso soup for meal 1 and weight wacthers meal and steamed kale for meal 2.
Hope I can keep it up.
Is it normal to get a kick out of feeling hungry?

Jane :D
14 Jan 2013, 15:49
Thank you both for replying.

That is a very inspiring weightless Caroline - you must feel so good! Thanks for the tip seen elsewhere on this forum about myfatsecret which looks a useful resource.

I like the sound of your menu Jane. Today I have split my calories into 3 meals - I notice many people to restrict to 2 or even only 1 meal on Fast days so I hope I am not setting myself back with my current approach. I had 40g porridge oats made with water and milk for breakfast. WWs soup for lunch and for supper I am having 6 king prawns with beansprouts, lettuce, tomatoes and carrots.

I am on a training course at work tomorrow and I got very excited when I realised that I can eat the lunch without worrying as it is Feast day! :lol:

Anne
14 Jan 2013, 16:34
Welcome! I hope your day is going well. I'm only a bit through mine as I'm on the wrong side of the pond and it's only 11:30 am.
14 Jan 2013, 16:40
Thanks Tracieknits, yes it is. I am feeling the hunger pangs right now but glugging sparkling water and reminding myself it is only one day and I can have anything I want tomorrow. Psychologically this seems like a major breakthrough for me!

So you are over in USA at the start of your day - Is it a fast day for you? Did you hear about it via the BBC Horizon Programme or elsewhere?

I notice you have a reason for 5:2 in a profile under your name. How/where do you input that detail?

Thanks

Anne
6 posts Page 1 of 1