The FastDay Forum

Forum News & Announcements

85 posts Page 5 of 6
You must have been so frightened when you were told what was wrong - you poor sou - but you are now in the right place with the right people helping sort out the problem. Nobody wants to be in hospital but don't be too keen in getting home until the docs are sure you are OK You have to get better soon - I am just beginning to get to know you. Take good care xxxx
Oh my goodness - I am so sorry to hear your news, Moogie.

I am sending lots of healing hugs your way....and a huge thank you for what you have achieved with this wonderful forum. I can only echo what everyone else is saying, & that is that the forum will tick over just fine while you fully recover - so please just concentrate on that.

:heart: :heart: Now rest! :heart: :heart:

:rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:
Hope you feel much better very soon my prayers are with you :heart:
Oh Moogie, I'm so sorry that you're going through this ordeal. Hope you're well and back home soon, hospitals are not the best place to be, especially if you're not well (yes, I know it sounds crazy, LOL)!

If you don't mind me asking, have they told you which ingredient of Marvelon did the damage? I'm taking another pill (Yasminelle) and it contains one of the two ingredients of Marvelon (ethinylestradiol) and I'm always worried about the clots but I can't do without the pill (I take it mainly for hormonal reasons, for almost two decades).
Oh Moogie, what an awful thing to happen. Thank goodness you were caught in time.
Wishing you a speedy recovery, but take as long as you need, don't rush back.
Moogie wrote: Just wanted to let folks know the situation as I've got an inbox filling up!

Some of you may know I was under a lot of stress recently before I moved house and was getting panic attacks - really bad ones, ie inability to breathe, high pulse, blacking out.

Will, it turns out it wasn't anxiety attacks. It started again at the weekend for no apparent reason, so I went to my doc on Monday. I got sent to A&E and have been in hospital since, with a large blood clot between my heart & lungs. I'm told it's serious but I am improving with treatment. If I'm lucky I might get to go home Friday, but I'm not holding my breath (no pun intended).

Looks like this is a result of half a lifetime on the Pill. Actually, maybe just the last few years as I Googled and found various newspaper reports from a few weeks ago about the greater risk of clots from the pill (marvelon) I was put on 2 years ago.

In good news, although I'm going to be on warfarin for some months one I escape this place, one of my docs here is a fellow 5:2er and sees no problem with me continuing while on my meds.

For anyone who's interested, I've been posting updates on Facebook. Think I'm pretty much out of danger now but they say I'm lucky it was found in time.

So, although I have WiFi here at the hospital, I'm trying just to relax and hence have not been dealing with my messages, hope you can bear with me!

I've also had a blood clot (in my leg), due to the darn pill :pissedoff: So glad you got it figured out and it sounds like you'll be home soon :hugleft: :hugright:
Dear Moogie, goodness, I'm very sorry to hear your news. I did think your move was a long one. Wishing you well .... all is good back at the roost....so no rushing back please.. it's Moogie time

Lizbean x :heart:
Oh what a shock that must have been. Wishing you a speedy recovery xx :heart:
Sending healing love & light. Rest up so you can get well quickly!
Wow, that's a bummer but it sounds like you're handling it like a trooper. Hope you're 100% soon, Moogie!
Dear Moogie, all this must have been very traumatic for you and I wish you a quick recovery. I hope you will be able to get home soon. Love Katharina, :heart:
So glad it was picked up in time. hope you get out of hospital soon and then a long rest and great recovery.
I'll add my best wishes to everyone's. So relieved to hear that the clot was discovered in time and a good recovery expected. Xxx
Moogie,

Take care, and get well. I guess the anxiety attacks were quite real: I imagine your brain wanted more oxygen, and was alarmed.

So glad you're on the mend.
Gosh what an awful shock for you. Sending vibes for a very speedy recovery ~~~~ xx
85 posts Page 5 of 6