The FastDay Forum

Forum News & Announcements

85 posts Page 1 of 6
Just wanted to let folks know the situation as I've got an inbox filling up!

Some of you may know I was under a lot of stress recently before I moved house and was getting panic attacks - really bad ones, ie inability to breathe, high pulse, blacking out.

Will, it turns out it wasn't anxiety attacks. It started again at the weekend for no apparent reason, so I went to my doc on Monday. I got sent to A&E and have been in hospital since, with a large blood clot between my heart & lungs. I'm told it's serious but I am improving with treatment. If I'm lucky I might get to go home Friday, but I'm not holding my breath (no pun intended).

Looks like this is a result of half a lifetime on the Pill. Actually, maybe just the last few years as I Googled and found various newspaper reports from a few weeks ago about the greater risk of clots from the pill (marvelon) I was put on 2 years ago.

In good news, although I'm going to be on warfarin for some months one I escape this place, one of my docs here is a fellow 5:2er and sees no problem with me continuing while on my meds.

For anyone who's interested, I've been posting updates on Facebook. Think I'm pretty much out of danger now but they say I'm lucky it was found in time.

So, although I have WiFi here at the hospital, I'm trying just to relax and hence have not been dealing with my messages, hope you can bear with me!
Oh my goodness Moogie, you poor thing :shock: :shock:

I wish you a very speedy recovery and absolutely order you to ignore that in-box until you are much better. This might be your baby but it can manage without being mollycoddled for a while I'm sure. You need to focus on getting better.

Don't do Facebook so won't see your updates, but will be thinking of you and sending virtual get well vibes.

Hugs and love, Nemone x
oh my, Moogie, how scary. I'm relieved to hear you are ok. Please take care :heart:

Odaijini!
Wow that was a shock to read. Best wishes for a speedy recovery Moogie.
Chris x
I'm so glad that they found it in time. Please take time to get well, we will survive and still be here when you are better. Sending positive thoughts your way x
Really sorry to hear you have been ill Moogie, but glad you are now on the mend.

Please relax and get back to full health as soon as possible.

Thinking about you and sending my best wishes for your recovery.

Lesley
All the best, praying for a speedy recovery.
So sorry to hear your news - best wishes for a speedy recovery. Take it easy :heart:
Oh moogie! Very sorry to hear you've been unwell! Glad to hear you're getting better, I hope it's a speedy recovery for you! xxxx
Oh Moogie! How scary! I'm so glad to hear that you are on the mend though. That's exactly the same reason why my doctor wouldn't prescribe me the pill when I was heavier a year and a half ago. Rest up hun and take care xx
Wow that's scary, so glad they have got it under control though. Have never heard of this possible effect of the pill, will ask when I am next at the docs, although I'm on a different one (cilest).

Hope you are back home soon, take it easy on yourself and definitely don't worry about us lot! x
Hi Moogie

I am joining everyone else in wishing you a speedy recovery, so sorry to hear all you've been through!!!!!!!!!!!

Your health is more important than anything else so take care and get well soon xx
Sorry to hear about your illness, thank goodness you are getting looked after. Wishing you a speedy recovery. Be kind to yourself and take care...
Oh wow, glad that the clot was caught in time, and that you're on the mend. Worrying stuff!
What a shocker Moogie. That's a big one for someone your age. Take care, look after yourself and don't worry about anything on here. Pleased to hear that one of your docs is on 5:2 and you will be able to carry on. But for now - TLC time definitely :victory: :like: :clover:
85 posts Page 1 of 6