The FastDay Forum

Forum News & Announcements

32 posts Page 2 of 3
The what @Golinda???!
Moogie wrote: I'm seeing a lot of tents popping up all over the non-diet chat forum and was wondering if we need a subforum within it as a sort of campsite for all the tents? I love that all these little mini communities are forming (and that we're still all a big happy community too) and it would be nice to keep things neat and tidy with their own place.

So, what do folks think? Do we need a campsite for all your tents? :)

This made me giggle so much for some reason, thank you I needed that this morning! :heart:
Excellent idea Moogie!
Think we should treat ourselves and make it Glamping
Yes, we could call it "The Glamping Grounds"!
Or Fastonbury? Geddit?!

Name ideas welcome, and I'll get it set up in the next few days. It's all been a bit mad here - we may finally be exchanging contracts on the new house tomorrow (won't hold my breath, it's been delayed enough times!) so frantic packing may commence at the weekend!
Carry on Camping? :razz: :oops:
Love both your ideas Moogie, so why not Fastonbury glamping grounds?
@debs you do know what s'mores are, right? It is a campfire ritual. You roast a marshmallow over the fire until it is nice and golden and then put it between two graham crackers that have a piece of chocolate on them. Delish!
"Fastonbury" is great! Would it also be possible to explain what the tents/campground are in the acronyms/definitions area of the forum wiki? For a new member, it might be one less thing to figure out when coming on board and starting this way of life with its large amount of info.
Yes, we could add something to the Wiki about that and I can also make sure the camping forum explains its purpose in its description as well as in a sticky topic :)
Fastonbury is now open with plenty of empty pitches ready for new visitors :)

www.52fastdiet.co.uk/fastonbury-glamping-grounds-f34/

No ticket required, so don't hop over the fence please, we don't want to have to keep fixing it. No need to tunnel in either, all are welcome!
@debs @golinda we use chocolate digestives (graham crackers coated on one side with chocolate)

Thanks Moogie, will get my wellies on. You'll never guess what autocorrect did to that statement! Snigger :lol:
OK, what is a graham cracker???!!!!!! @pennyforthem, choccy digestives I DO know! Prefer chocolate hobnobs though!
@Debs google is your friend ;) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graham_cracker at the end is the "recipe" for S'mores a staple of every girl scout campout. :)
and the most popular brand in the US is HoneyMaid http://us.yhs4.search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt= ... fault.aspx

and pics http://images.search.yahoo.com/yhs/sear ... hs-att_001
The graham cracker was originally conceived of as a health food as part of the Graham Diet, a regimen to suppress what he considered unhealthy carnal urges, the source of many maladies according to Graham. Reverend Graham would often lecture on "self-abuse" as masturbation was commonly called at the time. Graham would often say how these experiences were inspired by children eating crackers.[1] One of his many theories was that one could curb one's sexual appetite by eating bland foods. Another man who held this belief was John Harvey Kellogg, the inventor of the corn flakes cereal.[2]

Oh Lordie, I nearly choked on my fizzy water!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
32 posts Page 2 of 3