The FastDay Forum

Forum News & Announcements

55 posts Page 3 of 4
Thanks @moogie very much for fixing my thread, though it wasn't in hope of a fix that I reported it - it was just a well kent example that I could use to demonstrate that there's something nasty going on in the woodshed...

And there's still some very odd stuff lurking, including the fact that I can't even get the forum to load using Mozilla!

I've got find the kitchen from under the dirty dishes and then cook for the OH and best neighbour, but I'm happy to do a proper bug hunt / report later - just let me know (I'm an ex. DBA and a bitch when it comes to bug hunting) and give me my orders :) FatDog

Edit: and I couldn't get this to post at 18:33:
The website encountered an error while retrieving posting.php?mode=reply&f=1&t=9006. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly.
you can tell how well the system was working when I tried to post that, can't you... :) sorry guys...
I'm obviously not one to be easily deterred by a silly error message... copious apologies to all xxx
gawd, you'd think I was a spam bot... sorry again xxx
Sorry Moogie, Fitbit chat for October messed up too. Several posts from last few days missing and can't even see the post Tracie made earlier today. exercise-f24/fitbit-chat-for-month-of-october-t8645.html
I'm pretty sure I know why they messed up & can compile a list of which topics need fixing, don't worry. It was me not thinking through fully what I did last night. Tiredness & desperation are to blame ;)
I believe the topics/posts should all be resynced now.
Sorry to tell you...
Just got a white page when I submitted my 'Bake Off' post, even though when I checked, it had posted.
Same here, plus the picture I posted as my avatar seems to have disappeared!
Oh I know the errors still happen, but topics shouldn't be missing posts anymore.

Sorry about the loss of recent profile changes like new avatar, sigs etc. Hopefully not too much trouble for folks to edit these again.
No probs Moogie, you must be demented with all the extra work you've had to put in to rectify things x
Coo, I reckon you need a good night's sleep @Moogie. All this work on top of your job. :bugeyes:
Thank you!! :like:
Demented is one word for it. Verge of tears and wanting cake is another ;) Still a few tests to run tonight but had a bit of time out this evening to watch DIY:SOS and some other show about home extensions, so my mind has rested a bit!
The offer of help was not an empty one @moogie, I'm happy to do any grunt-work that you can farm out. I half live in this forum and I should be making some contribution towards to the rent :) FatDog
Many thanks FatDog & sorry I didn't reply to that part of your post earlier. I was on my tablet PC while watching TV and kept my replies short!

I may well take you up on that offer if there's any bug testing needed, thank you my dear!

At the moment I'm setting up a duplicate of the forum on another hosting account I have and seeing if the problem happens there. So far, with the 5th Oct rollback (which didn't resolve anything here) there are no signs of errors on the other server, which strongly suggests to me a config/MySQL server issue.

Now I'm going to copy the current DB over to the other server and see what happens...
55 posts Page 3 of 4