The FastDay Forum

Forum News & Announcements

55 posts Page 1 of 4
ERRORS? Update! 14th October
14 Oct 2013, 22:34
Well all, I've done quite a lot this evening to try to sort out the 'blank screen after posting' error.

I had to roll back to the last working version of the DB I had, which was October 5th - quite a way. Since I didn't want us to lose everything since then I have done my best to manually restore all topics, users etc since then.

My apologies for anything which is missing, such as topic bookmarks, subscriptions etc. I couldn't restore everything in time to get the place open again before I head to bed.

Anyway, I'm hoping the problem has gone now, at least from posting. I couldn't get it to happen so far. Please let me know if you encounter it.

No idea yet if it's still an issue for staffers approving posts.

I seem to still be getting with some Private Messages and I'll just have to try to look into that tomorrow.

So, fingers crossed we're mostly back to normal!

Sorry about all that.
Re: ERRORS? Update!
14 Oct 2013, 22:36
Thanks Moogie! I made a few posts with no error .. yet! Keeping fingers crossed, get some sleep and will let you know if anymore errors occur. :)
Thanks m'dear :) Hopefully will sleep better tonight knowing I've done my best!
No errors when I replied to PM's. :)
Thanks for all your hard work Moogie x
Error when approving newb post. :/
well done!
The posting issue has indeed been fixed so well done. The only thing was that I had changed my signature at the bottom of my posts, and it has now reverted back to my old signature which means that I will now need to redo those recent changes, but that won't take more than a couple of seconds. I've also noticed that my rank has been downgraded back to New Member after recently being upgraded to 5:2 Faster although I'm sure that this will sort itself out over time.
Sorry, @Moogie but I just got a blank screen after posting :cry:
Thank you Moogie.
Blank screen after posting on the fasting today thread just a minute ago... :(
Thanks folks. If you get a blank screen posting in a topic please would you post a link to that topic so I can take a look? Ta :)

No idea what's up with the post approval but hope to have time to look today.
Tried another rollback this morning with no luck, it doesn't seem to fix everything, no more so than this current copy of the DB we're running.

Guess our host needs to look into it some more.
Thank you Moogie - hope you had a good nights sleep after all that site admin :)
Thannks m'dear, I actually slept really well, thinking all was fixed. Now that's not the case I unfortunately feel incredibly stressed with it all, probably doesn't help that TOTM is due. We'll fix it one way or another. Maybe it's time I looked at some alternative forum software afterall.
55 posts Page 1 of 4