The FastDay Forum

Forum News & Announcements

60 posts Page 3 of 4
As usual, keeping well ahead of the pack :victory: great step change @Moogie - and not forgetting all the staff. Look forward to seeing what's ahead :like: :clover: :heart:
Goodness quite a change then but thank you Moogie & everyone else involved with starting this forum without which I would never have even tried fasting. Like others I have tried combining 5:2ing with 16:8 & recently 4:3ing so reflecting variations of fasting seems a fair way forward. It is marvellous that this forum has become so international & grown so quickly & I look forward to seeing & learning how to navigate around the new FastDay forum! I'm really still wearing my L plates because this is the first forum I have ever posted on :grin:
Thank you for all your hard work :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose:
Timely too as I had to google for this site yesterday and it rather rankled when I saw the other site claiming to be the authentic 5:2 site, considering the history of how it came about and you started this all up Moogie it crossed my mind that the names were probably too similar. This forum can be proud in its own right as it is fantastic IMO

Having tried most IF combos to find what would work best for me as an individual I agree this site has moved on from 5:2 in response to the community members input and needs. So power to your decision Moogie and the team and wishing you good luck and a smooth transition. Again a big thanks as well
Well moogie, you continue to keep us ahead of the pack :)

'Tis a good plan. For sure 5:2 is the basis of what we all do, but thanks to you (& certain other members) there are a lot of variations on a theme. I'm clearly a bit of an old thingy as 5:2 still does it for me, but It's not one size for all.

Looking forward to the new look & you can count on my support 100% you (through this forum) have transformed my life; if I can help you to help others then I'm in !!!!!
Great news Moogie! :) Thank you to you and all the members who keep this site running smoothly. I don't say much but this site has kept me going for almost a year now and I'm feeling better than I have in years. Thanks again. xx
I don't know how you do it Moogie but, boy, am I glad you do! Exciting times ahead indeed. Thanks to you and the staffers for all that you do.
Thanks for all your hard work - from a grateful newbie!
When you started your post for a moment i though you were selling it or closing it and someone else taking over. phew...

'tis a big job changing frameworks.

Are you changing the domain name too Moogie? such that if you typed in an old url it will switch over

Are you going to transfer all of our posts from existing site. i was on some other forum years ago that went from Delphi to some other framework and years of posts were lost.

wondering if the 1500 Christmas club thread will come across.. lol or should i save it for posterity locally.

all the best for growing the community

maybe the name change also helps differentiate it from official site forum. and also removes word DIET which can be such a dirty word..

but it sounds like your also removing 5:2 from title which is interesting as it seems to be the generic for all intermittent fasting even if you are doing 16:8, ADF or 4:3. bit like victa is for mowers, hoover for vacuums, (in Oz)
This too was my first forum so I admit to being nervous about change. But without change, none of us would have had success in our lives.

Guess I will have to change all my emails and documents I share with everyone when they come up and ask me "what are you doing" :)

We can do this...we chat 24/7 which just proves how close we all are.
I love this forum and the idea of change is scary for me. I love how positive everyone else is and I will try to get on board.

I do wholeheartedly thank everyone,@moogie, staff and every one who posts around the world. I feel so happy about my weight loss and I couldn't have done it without you
Thank you Moogie, look forward to the interesting new changes, so glad I joined the ride with you and the other lovely passengers to this great way of eating.
I'm a bit like Sallyo.

But, changes do happen and life goes on. I am scared and excited at the same time. It's wonderful how this has grown and my thanks go to moogie and all those who have contributed to make it a success. I too would not be where I am today without you all. (I would still be fat and feeling 10 years older). I just hope it remains a happy, friendly and supportive site and doesn't grow too big and lose it.

All the very best moogie for the change over. I will still be here no matter what it is called.

Lesley
Thank you 100 times over, @Moogie and Team for all you have done and continue to do! :clover: Good luck with the changes - we are all behind you!
I had been wondering what the way forward would be for this burgeoning forum and whether it could still be so cosy, kind, and still keep that friendliness. How wonderful and not surprising its success is! I am confident in the management and all their good ideas, and will continue to come here daily :smile: :like: !
I too could not have been so successful in this WOE without being able to use this forum nor have I ever been in a forum before. I soon got over my apprehension and feel very loyal.
Hi @Moogie and all, I understand it's both exciting and nerve wracking to change something that's working so tremendously. However, I can only imagine it growing stronger and stronger. I think its a great move to expand the "5.2 brand" to an original brand for this unique community - "Fast Day".

I do hope the search engines will still find you when people type in 5.2 diet. As that's how I originally found you.

What is growing here is more of a knowledge base and a support network.

congrats I just love it
Jo :clover: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
Thanks to everyone for their kind and encouraging words :)

For those of you anxious about the changes please rest assured that we have a great plan in place and the transition will be as smooth as possible. We'll make sure all the content is copied over to the new system, it would be a travesty to lose the goldmine of info we have here! It is largely thanks to this info that we rank so well in Google so don't worry, we'll still be easily findable! The other forum I run has changed systems several times so I've a bit of experience in porting stuff over :)

Initially we're just changing the look of this place a bit so you can get used to the new name, logo, colours etc. The system change will be later on - have to get my house move out of the way first at least! You won't be bombarded with everything all at once, I struggle with change myself so things will happen one step at a time. That's why I'm easing you in with this announcement and the new logo first :)
60 posts Page 3 of 4