The FastDay Forum

Forum News & Announcements

60 posts Page 1 of 4
Exciting news for the forum!
29 Jan 2014, 16:13
I would like to update you all on some exciting changes that we have planned for the forum!

First of all I'd like to thank each and every member for their wonderful contributions to this community which make this place such a fun, friendly and informative place to spend time. Huge thanks also to our fantastic members of staff for taking time out of their busy schedules to help keep this place in order, approve new members and generally take care of the forum. I don't know where I'd be without you all.

This forum has grown so much in the year it has been running, myself and the rest of the staff never imagined it would become so popular and we really feel we've got a great thing going on here. The forum now caters for such a range of IF methods beyond 5:2 (4:3, ADF, 16:8...) that we feel it's time to expand and rebrand, bringing more great fasting content to more people around the world.

The forum's new name will be "Fast Day", to cater (no pun intended!) for everyone on a Fast Day, whatever IF method you are following.

As well as the new name, we are hoping to install some alternative forum software (something I’ve been considering for a while now) to offer us more features and flexibility. This is something which may well not happen for a while yet, but as usual we'll try to keep any disruption to a minimum. Likewise, we are looking at some improved hosting but I know how much we all love this place and how much we hate downtime so any transitions will be kept as smooth as possible.

Alongside this, we've got some exciting plans for new developments, such as lots more info about fasting-friendly foods & recipes, which will be easier to find and use. We also hope to find some more suitable sponsors for the forum and phase out these Google ads which can be a bit hit or miss - I know some of you have been upset by pizza ads on a fast day or even ads for slimming clubs showing up. In time these should be a thing of the past.

We can still hardly believe the success of this community and just how supportive and friendly everyone is. In all my years of running forums I've never known another quite like it and I'm think that our attitude as a community has really made this way of life more appealing to our new members. I'm sure that together we can change more lives for the better by reaching more users while maintaining that wonderful vibe we have here. Together we can change the shape of the world - well, the people in it at least :)

TL;DR: The forum will be changing name, but there's no need for alarm. Lots of lovely stuff in the pipeline, watch this space.
Sounds great Moogie and with you at the helm bound to be a great success! :like: :like: :like: :heart:
@moogie as always, I am happy to be part of this lovely forum and I can only say 'onwards and upwards'. Whilst nobody welcomes change, we should all be grateful for the opportunity to welcome more people to this 'fast' life!
Wow! How fantastic is all that - very exciting for us all. My continued thanks and love go to EVERYONE involved on/with this forum. I've said it quite a few times in other threads over the past year, but finding 5:2 has, I know, changed my life and, I strongly feel, improved and prolonged it. I am now the old Clare that I was 25/30 years ago - not been this active, happy and looking good for about 20 years. :victory: The forum (although I may not be actively part of it very much ATM) is always there in my mind and I keep in touch with a few members outside of the forum. It's been said before.... and it'll be said many times more I know.... this community is a fantastic place - full of knowledgeable, supportive and loving people - so from this mere member - THANK YOU ALL :heart: :heart:
:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: Thanks @moogie :heart:

another gem from you where would we all be now without your insight leading to the setting up of this fantastic forum :heart:
You're getting to the end of your journey and for me and many who have a long way to go we wouldn't go anywhere without all of you scurrying away behind the scene. :heart: :heart:
How exciting!!!! I can't wait. :victory: Thank you @Moogie :heart:
Like @Sue.Q says keep scurrying away, you definitely know what you are doing. And I wish there was something I could do to help/repay the support I've encountered.
Thank you so much to everyone involved on the forum. It is a wonderful, interesting,vibrant place to be and I manage to while away far too much time here. I have directed many people to the forum as I feel it is absolutely the best place for information and support. Thank you again.
That sounds wonderful - thank you!
Any of your plans work out for the better so I am sure I can speak for all of us when I say we have every faith in you and whatever you plan will be fine with us. ( Once I get my head round the mechanics of it, they say exercising the brain keeps you young). Thanks for all you and the rest of the staff does for us.
Brilliant news! Well done to everyone who has helped make this forum the lovely success that it is!
callyanna wrote: Sounds great Moogie and with you at the helm bound to be a great success! :like: :like: :like: :heart:

My thoughts exactly @callyanna! :victory:

This forum really is a great source of support and advice, made even better by being truly international. I don't post very often, but log on most days.
Thank you @Moogie! And the admin team of course. :heart:
Thank you, Moogie. It all sounds great, and I am grateful as always for everything you and your team do. :)
I would like to add to all the other well wishers. It's fantastic news for you, the forum and us members.

As a member who has chopped and changed with my fasting methods I agree wholeheartedly with the new forum name and the other proposed changes sound very exciting.

Thank you and good luck :like: :clover: :)
60 posts Page 1 of 4