The FastDay Forum

Forum News & Announcements

145 posts Page 9 of 10
Previous 1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 Next
Re: Moogie is out of hospital
15 Apr 2014, 05:39
Just read through the updates and posts and know how frustrated I would be in the same situation, so my heart goes out to you, as someone who doesn't like sitting still for long either.
As you said, you have time on your side so remind yourself of that and be kind to yourself as much as possible. Not easy when there is so much you want to do, but just concentrate in looking after yourself.
Love Deb
15 Apr 2014, 07:12
Thanks for the update, take it easy and get well.
Loving all the positivity from the folks here, soak it up. :clover:
15 Apr 2014, 07:39
Wishing you well Moogie and I hope those naughty frustrations melt away as the days pass. :clover:
15 Apr 2014, 16:15
It is lovely to have an update from you Moogie with the good news that you are slowly getting stronger, your OH has a job & Phoebe is still keeping you company :like:
It must be so frustrating for you not being able to do all you want to do each day but try to be patient & I hope you will day by day be able to get back into your usual routine. Take care of yourself :heart: :heart:
15 Apr 2014, 17:55
Hello Moogie :) Lovely to hear from you, and I am so pleased that you are making some progress. Slow and steady - and try not to get frustrated! xx
15 Apr 2014, 22:33
Hugs what a difficult time your having , hope you continue to recover and feel more like yourself soon xx
21 Apr 2014, 11:09
I know it must be hard when you're used to being fit and active but things like this DO take ages and it will improve eventually. It's not surprising you get down too but sending you best wishes that you're feeling better soon.

Liz
21 Apr 2014, 17:02
Thanks all :) I had a poor INR reading last Tuesday but my heart seems to be coping better with it this time than last. I have my next check tomorrow and suspect it'll be low again and my dose will be increased again. In good news I've been coping well with my evening strolls (nurses orders!) and enjoying the fresh air :)

Over the last week I've been able to make the bed every morning (my goal for the week) as well as doing my evening stroll (approx. 2000 steps) and this weekend I did a stint of washing up (my goal this week is 5-10 mins of washing up a day) and changed the bedsheets. That tired me out! I can tell my INR is still low because it takes my heart a good 10 mins to slow to resting rate after 'exercise', whereas before it was only a minute at worst.

Having had a bit of a routine over the last week has been lovely, planned work times and rest times have made the time pass more easily and I feel like I have some kind of normality, even if it's not my old normality just yet.

I've started to catch up with my messages here now at last - I'm on top of them, shazam :) hope to get to posting a bit more soon too.

Well, time to go take my warfarin now - I can hear my warfarin alarm going off to remind me! Then it's time for my stroll and back home to make dinner. See you all around soon!
21 Apr 2014, 17:25
Ah lovely to hear from you Moogie. It sounds as though you're doing well with your daily routine. Just take it easy. Big hugs to you

Bean :heart:
21 Apr 2014, 17:29
My goodness you have been through the mill. :curse: I do hope the improvement in your health speeds up soon. At least you now have long bright days to look forward to and not dull depressing ones. :clover: :clover:
21 Apr 2014, 17:49
So glad that things are slowly looking up for you. Just take it steadily
21 Apr 2014, 18:09
Nice to hear from you honey, and Happy Easter! Slowly slowly, gently gently will get you there x
21 Apr 2014, 19:41
Happy Easter Moogie. I hope you get to enjoy and potter in your newbie garden soon. Great place for reading, writing and relaxing too, under a parasol of course. Lizx
21 Apr 2014, 20:24
Happy Easter @moogie :heart:
So glad things are picking up for you albeit very slowly, small steps to begin with and your planning is coming together well, short walks for now.
Good luck go steady and take very good care of yourself.
:clover: :clover: :clover:
21 Apr 2014, 20:32
Good to hear from you Moogie and sending (((((( hugs )))))) it's long drawn out for you this recuperation, hats off to your patience. I think we ought to send you healing vibes from around the planet. Mine are on their way to you. :clover: :clover: :clover:
Previous 1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 Next
145 posts Page 9 of 10