The FastDay Forum

Not losing weight?

Help us to help you! Please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!
Remember, we're not here to judge, we're here to help.

108 posts Page 6 of 8
Previous 1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
Did I read somewhere that Dr MM only eats breakfast and dinner 7 days a week anyway, just reduces to 600 calories on his fast days?
Thanks Carorees, for this topic. It is really encouraging! For today I stood on the scales and after 2 weeks of 5:2 I am back on my starting weight :-( (after initially loosing weight).
And I did not feel good about that. I feel better now after reading about all the possible reasons, and I will go on for at least 2 more weeks before I decide what to do next.
Dr MM now has on his site if 5:2 is not working for you try ADF. :confused:
fantastic info thank you :)
I am re-reading this very helpful thread because I am trying to lose 2lbs before going on holiday on 1st July to get below 14 stone. I have been switching around with my calorie intake to try & get into better fat burning mode & I foolishly weighed myself this morning & seem to have gone up in weight after going out to dinner last night.
I find it easy to become despondent so reading again about the ups & downs of weight loss has helped. I have exercised to a salsasise DVD for the past two mornings & I am 16:8 ing today to try & balance out around 1700 calories last night. I am averaging below my TDEE most weeks with a slow weight loss but I recognise that I should be patient & just carry on as my trend is downwards. I suppose I am having my usual head versus the emotions battle :smile:
Have been steadily losing 1Lb a week on 5:2 diet then last week had to have a cortisone injection into my wrist for Carpel Tunnel Syndrome on Wednesday. Did my usual Friday weigh after my Monday thenThursday fast only to find that I had GAINED a pound! Was relieved to read above that cortisone causes you to retain water so am hoping it was temporary!
I looked as though I had gained weight last week after my first fast, hence my earlier post but when I weighed in after my second fast, my weekly weighing day, I had lost a pound. Just out of curiosity I weighed myself after yesterday's fast & have gained weight again which I am putting down to fluid retention. I ate no carbs yesterday but did drink lots of water because I suspect I may not have been drinking enough water. Hey ho! I will wait & see but I am 16:8ing today.
This post was just pointed out to me and I just wanted to thank you for this. It really helps to understand what is happening.
Thank you all for contributing. After this morning's weigh-in I wonder whether I should have bought new bathroom scales at the start of this diet. At the start of this week I went up and have not managed to lose it after two fast days in three days. I had to swap a day but next week I will go back to Monday and Thursday. So little bit disillusioned this morning but not giving up.
Thanks for that Caro..most of it is new info to me and explains lots! :wink:
Thank you so much for the article and this bit......When you lose fat you develop a squishy, cellulite-y appearance...... is me ! I think your article helps so much to keep us all on track and not lose faith in what is happening. It's so important to get affirmation that we're doing the right thing and not get de-railed by people who trash the diet without trying it. Thanks for posting carorees. :victory:
After my really rubbish weight fluctuations lately this was positive reading :)
I have the same problem!
Have to say that I gave up weighing myself at all and just go by how my clothes fit/feel. My physician, whom I see every 3 months b/c I was pre-diabetic (HbA1c of 6.4, now down to about 6 after several months of the 5:2), has been very pleased with my 20 pound (9 kg) weight loss. As mentioned by others, I find the fast days quite easy now, drink weak tea during the day w/o any food until the evening (which I found easier and less distressing than several small meals), then lots of greens and some protein which satiates me well. I am very pleased, and have proselytized a few others into trying the diet, with good results for them, also.
Very helpful. I've been hitting the gym and doing quite a lot of weight training to tone up my muscles - not lost anything for almost a month now! This is even with successful fasting and not gorging myself on feed days. I know it doesn't mean I've put on fat as such - but still nice to see something that clears my predicament up a little.
Previous 1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
108 posts Page 6 of 8