The FastDay Forum

Not losing weight?

Help us to help you! Please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!
Remember, we're not here to judge, we're here to help.

19 posts Page 1 of 2
Hanging On In There
30 Aug 2013, 18:14
Help! I'm in my fourth week and only lost a couple of pounds. Have approx. 2 stone to lose. Im only 5ft and 11 stone. Got to 9stone with Lighter Life so know I am very happy at that. I have started back at my exercise classes this week, I tend to go twice a week.
Trying to do around 430 ish cals on fast days (first 2 weeks did 500) until I realised that because of my height I should try less.
not broken a fast yet and drinking lots of water. I generally have around 1400cals on non fast days, less sometimes. I have yo yo dieted for around 30 years so trying sooooooo very hard to allow my
body to settle into this one, but I'm due to weigh myself tomorrow and just know there's no change - any advice anyone? :?:
Re: Hanging On In There
30 Aug 2013, 18:27
Don't give up, it WILL work (there's very few for whom it doesn't) I know this sounds silly, but are you eating enough on non-fast days? At one point I wanted to speed things up so I cut down on "feed" days & LO the weight-loss stopped totally :shock:

I'm not an expert but (in my simple way) I think you need to eat fairly well when not fasting for fasting to work.

If you put your stats into your progress tracker you'll get your TDEE which is what your daily intake should be, I would recommend not going to far adrift from that :clover:
30 Aug 2013, 18:39
Keep trying. It sounds like your body needs to adjust to this new program. We all want fast results, but really 4 weeks isn't that long. Plus, you don't really know there is no change! Keep us posted, I'm excited to see your results tomorrow when you weigh yourself! And eat lots of healthy food on your regular eat days. My brain and body needed a couple months to adjust to this program.
30 Aug 2013, 19:03
Don't stress. :heart:
Changes will happen but not everyone loses big amounts quickly. Everyone's body is different and reacts in it's own way. Rather than focusing on your weight, have you measured everywhere too? This can be a good move as often when the scales don't go down, the measurements do. Measure the usual - chest, waist, hips and the not so usual neck, upper arm, thighs, knees. I've lost fat from all these areas but didn't realise about my neck until a couple of necklaces were suddenly too long for the necklines I was used to wearing them with. I also have collar bones for the first time in years which I'm almost but not quite :smile: as pleased about as the 5inch loss from my waist!
Good luck with your weigh in.
30 Aug 2013, 19:34
Hi Mons and Welcome and definitely hang on in there we are all different so no 2 people lose same amounts/areas have you measured that is a must !!! If you're having around your TDEE on other days then you should lose just give your body time to catch up, I started to lose right away but not everyone is that lucky, but I've a shed load of weight to get rid of so a very long way to go, I save my calories for evening meal because once I started to eat I actually became more hungry so now evening meal doing 2 courses by way of a reward for going the 24 hrs :heart: I'm doing 4:3 because of the amount I have to lose but as you can see I'm doing very well indeed, 20 weeks later. 35 lbs lost Dropped a group on my BMI Also dropped 3 sizes in clothing so a totally new '' interim '' wardrobe of clothes, so when I drop another 3 sizes these can follow to the charity shops. Because for the first time in my very long life I now know I WILL get to my goal, this is a fantastic WOL and I will never look back.
Hang-on in there and you will also be rewarded :clover: Sue
31 Aug 2013, 03:21
Hey Mons! I was 11st.571 lb in April this year. I am also short - 5'1". After 4 month of 5:2, I am now 10st.51 lb.(very difficult for me to put stats in stone as I am in US, so I googled them, LOL). Absolutely unbelievable! You'll get there. It is a long and slow way, hang on and keep going! :heart:
31 Aug 2013, 03:24
Sorry, double post - don't understand how I did it.
31 Aug 2013, 04:48
Nina10 wrote: Keep trying. It sounds like your body needs to adjust to this new program. We all want fast results, but really 4 weeks isn't that long. Plus, you don't really know there is no change! Keep us posted, I'm excited to see your results tomorrow when you weigh yourself! And eat lots of healthy food on your regular eat days. My brain and body needed a couple months to adjust to this program.

Nice way of getting this point acress
31 Aug 2013, 11:39
WOW you guys - thank you so much for all your support and suggestions. I am now very motivated to stick with it - as anticipated no weight loss and I don't actually feel better in clothes as yet however I do believe as mad as it is I'm not eating enough on normal days ie my TDEE or whatever it is says 1600 so I may now try (can't get my head round eating more) to eat a bit more of the healthy calories on these days.
I feel better already by going by to aerobics and that's another reason I'm sticking with it to see results of that.
Will measure myself today to see if anything changes next week.

Thanks again - life savers!!! I'm in sunny Spain which makes those tight bathing suits a bigger pain!!!!

Have a great day everyone! :cool:
31 Aug 2013, 16:14
Hi Mons so glad your sticking with this WOL to give it a good chance to work for you :heart: I had a recent blip where I was stuck weight wise but the tape measure showed a loss, unfortunately I didn't measure everywhere just took 2. But could tell from all my clothes so now they have all gone to charity :like: and have bought a new ''interim '' set of differing items and when they start to hang loose they can also go.
Glad you're managing some exercise as that has got to help you to that swimsuit dilemma in sunny Spain :heart: lucky you, so good luck with your future plans and let us know how you're doing :clover: Sue
31 Aug 2013, 18:06
Sue Q thank you so much for your kind and positive comments. Enjoying my Saturday with a couple of white wine Spritzers on the side!!!! Have a great weekend.
Mons.
01 Sep 2013, 06:51
Good on you, Mons. I nearly jacked it in at 3 weeks after an early loss of 1kg then nothing else. I'm glad I stuck withit as I lost 2kg in 28 days (so hitting the average 1lb a week loss for 5:2) and then I measured and saw real losses on my hips, thighs and waist. Keep going! And make sure you eat enough on normal days and that it's healthy.
01 Sep 2013, 07:27
Hi Mons

How frustrating for you but do stick with it. You mention calories for fasting and feeding days - are you checking and tracking with MFP or something similar? If not you may be underestimating what you eat. Using MFP I realised that grazing on feed days was my problem when I hit a plateau for several weeks early on.

Good luck :clover:
01 Sep 2013, 12:06
Yes I'm using MFP and I have to be honest don't weigh everything so some calories might go astray but I'm still only averaging around 1300 on feed days so going to address that. I do graze too I'm guilty of that and then missing a meal. I'm in for the long haul but I'm a nightmare for weighing myself every other day so must try to stop that too. Thanks again guys your support is immense for me at the moment. Continue your good work you lucky slimmer people!!!!
01 Sep 2013, 12:17
I've hit a slow loss blip in my charts. But this morning I jumped on my scales and they said the same as last time and I'm happy. I was hoping for a loss, but I have a feeling in my body that something has settled or jiggled into place. So maybe now my body is used to this weight it will now start down again.
19 posts Page 1 of 2