The FastDay Forum

Not losing weight?

Help us to help you! Please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!
Remember, we're not here to judge, we're here to help.

19 posts Page 2 of 2
Re: The Grand Plateau
14 Oct 2013, 10:52
I've been on a plateau for several weeks now gaining and losing the same lb. I decided to shake it up a bit this week and add another fast day which resulted in a .25lb gain lol I have about 20lbs more to lose so not close to goal or anything like that. I'm just going to carry on and assume that at some point the weight will begin to shift again. I know I'm getting smaller because my new clothes are starting to become too big, so I must be losing inches. Oh well... onward and downward :)
14 Oct 2013, 11:16
Calliope I have struggled since end of June I think and tried about everything to shatter my plateau. I am now doing fluid fasts low cal twice a week. I can face having fluids as find if you do not chew you don't seem to flick the hunger switch. I come in under my fasting TDEE at around 350 cals.

My saving grace is home brewed coffee on almond milk with teaspoon of expensive
coconut oil. Also make sure I keep up caffeine to reduce headache and make sure I maintain fluids like water to reduce constipation next day. I am getting so used to this way if I am busy I don't think of eating. Meanwhile my sense of smell intensifies I just enjoy the aromas and I usually make a soup from nice ingredients like today was garlic roasted, mushroom, home made veggie stock and heaps of leafy greens fresh from garden, I blitz all this and one small portion is my liquid dinner. There was enough cals for a hot low cal chocolate drink

I hope for a new low tomorrow. I find the clothes and tape measure are the best indicator. All the best and you are not alone. I think we ought to make up a plateau tent thread
14 Oct 2013, 11:17
Good thinking JanetM. I am a strong believer in relaxing into the plateau, accepting it and carrying on regardless. Eventually the weight you need to lose will go when you are not looking at it.
14 Oct 2013, 19:59
Totally agree Sallyo I have found I has to just chill out and carry on but it has been disappointing to find myself on such a long slow pace

Calliope all the best
19 posts Page 2 of 2