The FastDay Forum

Not losing weight?

Help us to help you! Please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!
Remember, we're not here to judge, we're here to help.

23 posts Page 2 of 2
As I said earlier I have a chocky treat at least 4 times per week I was under the impression that provided its within your TDEE that's OK.
In fact I've not given anything up completely I don't think that's a good idea either, if we did then this wol would become much like any other diet out there and we all know it isn't, so most of the time my treats are small ones and when I slow down my weight loss or hit the real plateau I will carry on, I have plenty to cut back on when I need to because with having a very long way to go well it helps me along in my journey :heart:
Keeping for now a little reserve in my tank :clover: Sue. :clover:
Aside from the hoped for health benefits, one of the reasons I started this woe is because I DID NOT want to give up ANYTHING!!!! And I didn't and I lost what I wanted. In the process, I found my problem was too much snacking, which this woe pretty much eliminated from life (well, mostly... :oops: ). It kinda surprised me when I did not want to eat as much as I had before. When I do eat chocolate, cookies or chips/crisps it is now at the tail end of a meal. If I am full, it doesn't get eaten.
My treat would always be a glass of red wine of an evening, about 9pm ...heaven!!
I started 52 in April and was religious when fasting and eating healthy on feast days. As the summer set in It was very difficult because I got caught up with the carbs again. Cooking for other people and the affordability of fruit/veg are factors. I had more weaker fasts than I care to admit but slowly I am still losing. Luckily I have not regained my sugar habit and I could care less if I ever ate rice. I have an occasional potato but bread and pasta are my weakness. I think we all let lose in the summer because its funtime but I am ready to be serious again. I am three pounds away from my second goal.
Thanks for all the responses! Seems I am not the only one who has gone a bit this way. I think it is hard for people who used to think of "dieting" as cutting back on all treats, and then when a WoE comes which allows you to have treats one too many start to slip back in and before you know it you are back to eating on non-fast days like you did when you were putting on weight.

I have been to the supermarket today and got one Green& Blcks bar of dark choc (like 30 small pieces) which I am going to make me and hubby portion out during the week. I figure a couple of squares on non-fast days with a cuppa and see if I can then get a grip on "treating".

I am also getting back into FitnessPal recording to give myself a bit of a reality check about just how many cals I am consuming on non-fast days (was horrified to have put in a slice of tasty cheese at 88 cals today - I like cheese!!).

I think treats are totally fine on non-fast days. Just watch how many and portion sizes of them. Other than that eat pretty much what you want of "normal" foods (come on you know what they are!). Still much easier to put into words than action, so let's see!!
It seems to me that the key to this WOE is that you do have treats sometimes. If you're going to constantly deny yourself why not just do a standard low-calorie diet? Obviously if you go overboard all the time you won't lose any weight.

At some point keeping from going overboard just sort of happened naturally on this WOE. I have to admit, though, lately I've had a little trouble with overdoing it on the treats. I'm probably having trouble adjusting after my holiday. Also I've been feeling a bit sorry for myself lately with all the trouble of this broken arm.

I will try adopting the measures some people have already mentioned. Like saving treats for weekends or at least limiting the number I have per week.
I will just mention Kallo dark chocolate covered rice cakes thins. WOW! 55.5 kcal, 6.9g carbs each. Two are just perfect for a little afternoon treat :0)
Consider switching to semi-sweet chocolate in the evening, something in the 65-75% range. It is a bit of shock at first, but actually more satisfying and you eat less. Here in the US Trader Joe's makes a 100 calorie semi-sweet chocolate bar which is a perfect evening treat (on my non-fast days:)).
23 posts Page 2 of 2