The FastDay Forum

Not losing weight?

Help us to help you! Please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!
Remember, we're not here to judge, we're here to help.

5 posts Page 1 of 1
Feeling a bit disappointed this week tbh. I lost 4lb in first 2 weeks and thought I was on my way. After not losing for 2 weeks I upped my exercise a bit this week and don't feel like I overrate particularly on the other days but still no movement on the scales.

I think I am going to track my food this week, still eat what I fancy but pop it in myfitness pal app and see how many calories I am actually eating as all I can think is that I am eating far too many on the other days. I really need this way of eating to work for me as its the only modified eating method I have ever felt I Could do long term. Just frustrating that it seems to be working so well for everyone else and not for me.
Hi Joltek,

Try not to feel so disappointed, this is my second week I lost 2lbs in the first I've hopped on the scales this morning and Im the same weight (real weigh in on monday) but Im trying, I really feel this 5:2 method will work but prehaps it will just take more time. Im prepared to plod on with it even if I dont lose any weight from time to time. so please dont feel like everyones losing weight but you, stick with it, it wil all be fine.
:D
Hello Joltek
I have been doing 5:2 for four weeks & have been encouraged by everyone else's posts of losing weight. However my weight loss has been very slow although I haven't gone up in weight at all. For the first week I lost 2 1/2 lbs, then 4oz, then another 4oz & I was becoming frustrated but I stood on the scales this morning & I have lost 3lbs! it is my second fast day this week so I hope I may lose a little more. My body certainly seems to be taking time to adjust & as many people have posted there is daily weight fluctuations for all of us. So stick with it & you will go down in weight.
Joltek, if you upped exercise the lack of movement on the scales is completely predictable. When you exercise you make micro-tears in your muscles which then are slightly inflamed. The inflammation results in water retention and so an increase in weight due to water which would hide any decrease due to fat loss.

Your waist may show a difference though...have you checked?

Also as Isis says, weight can fluctuate so much that these hide the underlying fat loss. Just keep on keeping on!
My weight loss has stopped (I'm on about week 8) but my clothes are looser, so I don't know if I'm losing fat without the scales shifting somehow.

I'm keeping going with it regardless and just hoping that by summer the scales will be down as well.
5 posts Page 1 of 1