The FastDay Forum

Not losing weight?

Help us to help you! Please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!
Remember, we're not here to judge, we're here to help.

9 posts Page 1 of 1
I know its only week 2 but i've put on 1.5 pounds yet yesterday my fast day it was looking like a pound loss?

How can this be? Anybody else experience this?

I've been good only had 500 on my fast days and not gone over 1500 on my feed days - i do 30 mins brisk walking everyday and zumba once a week - last week i lost 3lb's now this week i've put half of that back on? :(
Hi TracE, one reason I decided to weigh only monthly, could be water retained/fluctuating or you may need to eat more, don't know your stats.
Whatever the reason I'm sure it will be resolved.
Thank Bee - I'm a nightmare with scales don't know why i do it to myself - deffo couldn't go a month but maybe i could do fortnightly weigh in's!

Hows 5:2 been for you?
I don't have scales at home, been there done that :) I get weighed at work. Honestly I do know what you mean I have been through it myself I can't tell you how good it is to be free of the guilt, good luck !
Tracy, don't despair, please read my post on why the scales don't tell the whole story...you'll find it on the frequently asked questions board.
Ahh thanks - that all kind of makes sense i just get really worried that i'm the EXCEPTION and this diet won't work for ME! As Slimming World doesn't suit me either and after 6months or more on SW i lost a grand total of 4lb's kept losing and gaining same pound week in week out even my SW consultant couldn't help as my food plans/menu's were spot on!

I posted elsewhere that i think i've been well under eating on my feed days so am going to consiously be a little more lenient on myself this week and if i fancy a biscuit i'm going to have one - time will tell!
Hi TracE

I think many of us have that feeling at some point - maybe this WOE won't work for me - I'm feeling the same today after a small weight gain this week! I'm going to weigh myself again next Tuesday as normal, and then considering going to fortnightly weighing.

I suspect you may have another reasonable loss next week, I only seem to lose every fortnight - maybe that's how our diet cycles work?

Stick with it!
Kim x
Hi Kim

Thanks for that, I'm going to weigh this Friday and see if i've lost or not and if not or if its a real small amount then i'm going to try 4:3 next week and going to weigh in 2 weeks time!
I find that time of month makes a difference to my weight by approx 1-2 pounds
9 posts Page 1 of 1