The FastDay Forum

Not losing weight?

Help us to help you! Please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!
Remember, we're not here to judge, we're here to help.

21 posts Page 2 of 2
Victoria, I suppose we just need to keep trying. I know how gutting it feels. I was all set up for shifting a decent amount in the first weeks then steady at 1lb a week, not to get heavier??

Lets hope we see results soon.

X
I`m not sure if you`ve been doing this from the onset but I suggest you start looking closely at what you`re eating on feed days.

The bottom line is you need to create a calorie deficit on a weekly basis so as to see any weight-loss when you weigh-in. If your intentions are to lose weight calculate your TDEE and stick to that number on feed days as you`re doing fine on fast days.

When not being accountable to oneself, one can easily overestimate their food intake. At least try recording your calorie consumption for a week and adjust accordingly there-after, i.e reduce processed meals, take-aways, and junk to a minimum during the week and having it in moderation during the weekend.

Little things like this will take away the need for calorie-counting as you`re sticking to wholesome foods. At the end of the day weight-loss comes down to calories in vs out, and 5:2 allows for that.

Wish you the best of luck, keep at it and your goals will be achieved!
Makes sense. I tend to have about 1500cals during the week apart from fast days and then more towards the 2000 on weekends. Don't eat junk food, tend to cook meals from scratch, use lots of quorn instead of fatty meats and we have take away once a fortnight. I don't drink alcohol and I cannot stand fizzy juice or crisps! I like chocolate but in moderation, not daily. I track on MFP but my TDEE shows that I should be eating more which I think I will struggle with but worth a try.
Thanks
Hi Betty!

Thanks for the response. It`s great what you`ve done already eating-wise, especially with eating home-cooked meals and such, so kudos!

I agree that that you should definitely bump up your calorie intake on feed days to a consistent number so 2000 and the odd 2500 for weekends. I think the problem is you`re not eating enough overall on a weekly basis, which can hurt your chances of losing weight if your body feels you`re not adequately fuelling it. Currently your weekly average is around 1400 or so based on your info, it should imo be a bit higher i.e. 1600.

Go for it, and tell us how it pans out.
Victoriac21 wrote: I have now been doing this for 6 weeks (fell of the wagon for 2wks and put on 4lbs of 6lbs i had lost). On Saturday morning weighed in at 13st 5 3.4lbs - the lowest i have been on 5:2 and in quite some time. Monday morning back to 13st 8lbs. Feel like nothing is happening and i am kind of stuck fluctuating between these two weights- desperate to get down into the 12's and feel like im getting somewhere as i dont at the moment.

I dont know what i am doing wrong. I love hearing how ppl are having great weight losses but i want it too!!

Thanks
Victoria

Victoria, I am losing weight very slowly too but I have faith that 5:2 will work in the long term. I have now done 8 weeks and lost 5.5lb (start weight 13 st). I would recommend that you record weight on a specific day of the week to get a proper comparison. Assuming that you've not fasted between Saturday and Monday, it is not surprising at all to me that you weighed heavier on Monday than you did on Saturday. It is more likely to be due to food/ water in your system rather than fat gain. Good luck and keep at it!
I felt like this but only after a week at it so I know you must have felt very frustrated after following it for weeks. On the advice of my PT and the supportive comments from people on this site, I kept at it and have lost 4 lbs which makes me so happy. I would agree with everyone that you need to eat enough to keep your system functioning and so it can then benefit from the fasting.
Keep at it and remember that we all put the weight on over time - it takes time to come off too!
Best of luck.
21 posts Page 2 of 2