The FastDay Forum

Not losing weight?

Help us to help you! Please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!
Remember, we're not here to judge, we're here to help.

7 posts Page 1 of 1
Revision
05 Mar 2013, 21:46
Weight loss has slowed to nil,waist measurement no different . have been on 5/2 for over a month and feeling a bit jaded. Have revisited all the facts,re read the book,Fasting tomorrow will see how I go. Just don't want to give up. wish I knew whether my health has improved or could see some other tangible benefits.
Re: Revision
05 Mar 2013, 22:01
I am writing from a personal viewpoint rather than from an educational one but give yourself a week or two off. Eat like a pig for that time. I mean puddings, cheese, bacon, chips, chocolate etc.. Forget calories and weightloss. Go crazy. Then come back to 5:2. It should be a significant shock to the body to make a difference without adding too many pounds.
If you dont want to take that route, eat more on fast days and exercise more.
Good luck!x
05 Mar 2013, 22:06
I have heard that when you hit a delta on 5:2 you should then occasionally do 4:3 to kick start the weight loss again. Once it moves you can try to be back to 5:2
05 Mar 2013, 22:13
Have you checked your feed day calories? Worth seeing if you are substantially over or under TDEE. Either appears to slow weight loss for reasons we can't fathom ATM. Also you may be up against your body's set point as your BMI is not too bad, so weight loss will be very slow. Adding an extra fast may work especially if you are trending to over eat on feed days, probably not if you are under eating.

Exercise (sadly) does help but when you increase exercise you don't see a change on the scales immediately due to muscle building going on.

Keep going though...I'm sure you are benefiting in unseen ways!
05 Mar 2013, 22:59
Thanks for suggestions and replies.Perhaps a 4/3 may shockmy body into some reaction.the thing is even when I have dieted,WW ,Slimming World etc my BMI always stabilizes to just above 25 .
05 Mar 2013, 23:32
Remember that BMI is just a guide and if you generally stall at just above 25 that might be where you are supposed to be. Try adding one 15-30 minute walk each day (I started taking the dog round the block in the evening as well as the morning walk and my regular gym sessions) and see if that makes a difference. You probably don't need to do anything really drastic just tweak what you are dong slightly. Stick with it and you will get there in the end.
06 Mar 2013, 17:27
Much better day today,usually I do Monday and Thursday but i changed this week to Monday and wednesday. It seemed to make my fast easier today. Also a fewpeople commented on how well I looked,it may be my new haircut but I like to think that it is my new lifestyle change of the 5/2. Thanks for the posts of support yesterday they really helped
7 posts Page 1 of 1