The FastDay Forum

Not losing weight?

Help us to help you! Please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!
Remember, we're not here to judge, we're here to help.

5 posts Page 1 of 1
I have been doing 5:2 for 5 weeks now and lost 3 lbs week one, 1 lb week 2 and 1 lb week 3 but haven't lost anything since. I know you can go several weeks without losing when you hit a plateau but I think this is too early for that? I am strict with my 500 calories on fast days and don't eat anything except dinner. I don't count my calories on non-fast days but I don't eat excessively. Does it sound like I am doing something wrong or do you think it is just a case of just sticking at it? I have about 2 stone to lose so it's not like I'm small already!
I haven't had much movement over the last 2 weeks (now just into week 8). A bit like you I am a bit disappointed but I am hoping it is the body resetting. As long as we maintain and don't gain. I don't find the fasting difficult so it is worth pushing forward and crossing fingers.
Thanks, you're right. If this was any other 'diet' I have tried my motivation would be waining by now but I find the fast days easy enough, I'm just very impatient!!
Average weight loss on 5:2 = 1lb/per week (see the progress tracker for proof of this)

ktlou82 wrote: I have been doing 5:2 for 5 weeks now and lost 3 lbs week one, 1 lb week 2 and 1 lb week 3

5 weeks, 5lb lost = completely average!

Well done you are exactly on target!
From week to week it's quite possible that the scales will tell you that you've not lost weight even though you actually have, due to fluctuations in the amount of food and drink in your system when you weigh yourself.

Don't go mad on your feed days and keep fasting, and you will lose weight. It may not be as fast as other methods, but it will happen and as you say, it's easy to do. Once you get to your target weight, you now know how easy fasting is so it will be easy to stay there and not pile the pounds back on. Stick with it! :-)
5 posts Page 1 of 1