The FastDay Forum

Not losing weight?

Help us to help you! Please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!
Remember, we're not here to judge, we're here to help.

26 posts Page 2 of 2
TML13 wrote: Youda, would you check your TDEE on here?
http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm

Yes, Miffy, it is annoying but don't lose your faith!!!

I come in at 1500 for fat loss and 1900 for maintentance. I was staying at around 1500-1700 with my exercise calories. I measure and weigh everything so I know for a fact that I am not overeating or not writing anything down. I will see how I do this week and hopefully it will be better. I still like how I feel after a fast that it is well worth it. Thanks for the help.
Hi
have just checked my TDEE using the link provided by TML13 (thanks, TML13). Maintenance is 1683 cals/day and weight loss level is 1408 cals/day (I'm not the most active...).
So, for non-fast days I should aim for 1600-1683 cals/day, right? And stick to my 500 for fast days?
Cheers!
You are most welcome!
You could either stay around 1683 or mix&match (300 less, 300 more, for example) as long as your average of the non-fasting days is 1683.
I'm at 1269 and one day I eat around 1500, the next 1000, the third 1300 and so on...
youda1 wrote:
TML13 wrote: Youda, would you check your TDEE on here?
http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm

Yes, Miffy, it is annoying but don't lose your faith!!!

I come in at 1500 for fat loss and 1900 for maintentance. I was staying at around 1500-1700 with my exercise calories. I measure and weigh everything so I know for a fact that I am not overeating or not writing anything down. I will see how I do this week and hopefully it will be better. I still like how I feel after a fast that it is well worth it. Thanks for the help.

Don't deduct your exercise calories, I believe that no one does that. Just calculate your TDEE and eat that. Your TDEE has already calculated your exercise calories.
Finally I had success!!! I weighed in 2 days after my fast now and I lost 2 pounds. I ate 2400 calories yesterday after my fast and it was over my 1900 calorie limit so I guess I was not easting enough calories. Thank you for the help everyone!
All I can say is my sisters law is as skinny as anything and she eats like a horse where does she put it all and for me I am eating 2000 cals a day to try to get things moving it seams to be doing the job
Hi there, have you thought about cutting out the bouillon drinks, they tend to be very high in salt which encourages fluid retention.
Just an update, I lost another pounds after I upped my calories to over 2000 calories after I was gaining a pound each week, found out I wasn't eating enough calories.
where can I find information on the TDEE everyone talks about?
Stomar, there is a calculator a few replies before yours.
I am using My Fitness Pal (MFP) to record my calorie intake and exercise levels, but do not add on the calories MFP allocates for exercise and I have been losing steadily for the last few weeks but only joined 5:2 this week because it suits my lifestyle. When I did my total calorie per day calculation it worked out at 1163 cals/day on a non-exercise day and 1455 cals/day on an exercise day.
26 posts Page 2 of 2