The FastDay Forum

Not losing weight?

Help us to help you! Please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!
Remember, we're not here to judge, we're here to help.

12 posts Page 1 of 1
Not that I wasn't expecting it but at least I didn't gain and now I know that no matter how much I'll eat with 5:2 I'll maintain weight.

Plan B is on fire; starting today:
-Strict calorie counting on non-fasting days.
-4:3 next week if I am not happy with what I see till Sunday (5 days are a good indicator).
-Work out the constipation problem.
-No meal out till the 2nd of May, when I have a big dinner coming.
-No dessert for the next 5 days (because I think that it was what destroyed me and I need to test it).

One note: fasting and eating no grains made no difference with fasting and eating grains-only. In fact, the constipation problem got worse after the two fasts when I ate veggies instead of porridge.
Don't worry too much TML, it's quite normal for folks to have a week or two in the first couple of months where there's a maintain or even a re-gain. It's to do with the water/fat% balancing out. You probably lost some fat but regained a bit of the initial water loss :) You've already beat the average with your 7lb loss in 3 weeks, so you're doing well!
I've had quite a few weeks where I've lost nothing and even some where I've gained so don't worry too much, in fact the weeks I've lost more weight have often been the ones where I've eaten loads, so go figure! Anyway, I too am trying to be healthier overall and 5:2 is helping me retrain myself. Try to focus on overall loss as I have found mine has evened out to about a lb a week (along with most), if you look at it like that it sounds like you are five weeks ahead already! We will get there, this does work! Don't get too caught up in the tweaking as maybe you are already fine! I'm saving tweaking for when my weight loss completely stalls so I still have something up my sleeve!
Hi guys,
I'm not worrying, I'm just re-planning.
I have to do it, that's the way I do with all things in life. I understand that many people maintain, I just can't sit and watch it...
hi TML
agree with Mariposa
you are already ahead of the game and too much tweaking now may not help
Dont forget weight varies every day so maybe you have lost this week but just chose teh wrong day to weigh to see it on the scales :-0

good luck
Shucks TML. Take heart tho, and fingers crossed for onward & downward... :clover:

ps As I typed that, my tummy made the most ENORMOUS rumble. Did you hear it?? And I'm not even on a fast day! :oops:
I weigh everyday, I just use the weight of Wednesday for my weekly report. I know that I didn't lose because I overdid it. That's why I'm rebooting.
Golarne, was that you??? LOL!!!!

I woke up last night from a loud noise. Wanna guess what it was? Oh yes, my tummy!!! I was shocked!!!
Hi TML,

I'm not losing any weight either. I enjoy my food too much on feast days. I'm thinking of going 4:3 if it doesn't cramp my social life too much. I haven't gotten on the scale in a while. I just continue with the fasting and carry on. I still think it makes me feel better and it keeps me from steadily gaining weight.

Going out this evening, but will skip the beer.
Not gaining is an achievement on its own. I can't believe that last week, with everything I ate, I didn't gain weight.
And if it wasn't for the effing constipation I'd probably lose something...

But, I have to keep on till I reach my goal and then make sure I maintain!
The problem with the tweaking is that the body responds slowly to these kinds of changes so if you make a change and you don't see a weight loss after a week and then change something else and do see a weight loss after a week, it could be the response to the first change you made that you're seeing (IYSWIM)! I think you need to go at least a month between tweaks to have any how of assessing how it might affect weight loss. Like others I've seen sudden drops in weight after a bit of a splurge, but whether trying to plan that into your diet would work is another matter...might just be a coincidence.
In my case, I either respond right here right now or not. I am the same with medication, which is very good.

Besides, since I can't do 4:3 all weeks, I don't have the time to try it for more than a week or two. So, I'll mix and match 5:2 with 4:3 and also make sure that for the next week I eat maximum my TDEE and take it from there.

I understand what you're all saying but I can't just sit and wait while doing nothing to change something that I don't like. When I can change it that is, otherwise London would be a 5-minutes bus ride from Athens...
12 posts Page 1 of 1