The FastDay Forum

Not losing weight?

Help us to help you! Please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!
Remember, we're not here to judge, we're here to help.

3 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello! My name is Yasmin, I'm 36 years old & a mother of 3 young kids. I've been overweight for most of my years as a Mummy, I've lost it once, put it back on [plus more] and attempted COUNTLESS times to lose it again…
A couple of weeks ago I discovered this inspirational little community that exists on Instagram… #fitfam… I thought THAT had changed my life! I decided to keep a photo diary of my food & exercise on there. It's been going well. I've been working out pretty regularly at the gym, for about 6 months. I was seeing shape change [and so were others], but nothing on the scales. I sat on the excuse "muscle weighs more than fat" for a while their… knowing quite well that I wasn't really moderating my food & alcohol intake… the start of 2013 saw me declare that I as going to change all that! And I have been. I've felt healthier & more energetic than I have in a LONG time!
Last week, Mum (MullumGirl) saw an article in the Sydney Morning Herald about Intermittent Fasting. I was SOLD!! We immediately agreed to support each other [across the entire span of the Australian continent] through our new fasting regime. That was before I even read the book [which I finished this morning & am completely convinced by the research & science]..
I completed the fast from 2pm last Thursday, until 2pm on Friday, for the first time. I found on Friday morning that I was keen to see the countdown out without eating anything, so in fact only consumed about 350 calories for the 24 hour period. Tomorrow I will try it [along with my Mum, with a 3 hour timezone difference to add to the equation], for the full day, from waking up until breakfast on Wednesday. I'll then decide which approach I like best.
So this is it. Between my life overhaul which I began on New Years Day [which has included shutting down my Facebook & Instagram as well as deciding to abstain from alcohol, other than the odd & special occasion!], my daily feed of raw & clean food ideas & fitness fanatics on Instagram, my now LOVE for the gym and incorporating the 5:2… I feel BUZZED that I am about to become the Happy, Healthy & Energetic Mummy that my beautiful children deserve! <3
Thanks for reading! And THANK you to Dr Michael Mosley for sharing this gem! :)
Welcome Yasmin!

I love the way your whole family are embracing this way of life despite the time and distance between you.

Keep in touch with us here too and let us know how you are getting on!

Good luck!
Thank you Caroline! It's lovely to be welcomed. I almost wish I was still on Twitter so I could follow all my new healthy inspiring friends!! ;) I just saw your progress since November, that is wonderful! What a life changing discovery! :)
3 posts Page 1 of 1