The FastDay Forum

Not losing weight?

Help us to help you! Please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!
Remember, we're not here to judge, we're here to help.

45 posts Page 3 of 3
TML13 wrote: If I did a chart, the line would be downwards till 3 weeks ago and then it would be an horizontal line with small ups and downs. Overall it would go downwards since I lost 4 kilos in total but that was in the first 3 weeks. Now, I gain and lose the same one kilo.
I might not be extra-clever but I can tell a trend by looking at a calendar of daily weights... ;-)

TML, mine did exactly the same from early March to mid April - I gained and lost the same half kilo over those 6 weeks. Then I put on a whole kilo two weeks ago and lost two kilos over the week. I plateaued for some reason but made strict attempt at being really good last week and ta da... it started moving again.

My progress chart (weekly weigh in but not daily) looks almost exactly like kencc's steps.
I'm sticking to this no matter what, I know that I will lose, although not this coming week because it's Easter!!! ;-)
I only look at the nice red, downward sloping trendline.

Sound advice.
<<Makes no difference to actual weight loss unless you're going to keep changing your eating pattern around because plateaus bother you.>>

That's exactly what I was thinking but I wanted to make sure that since I'm not stuck in the EXACT same weight I am indeed in a plateau. Thanks for clearing that up!!!
Good luck to all us plateau peeps! I'm back to 5:2 fasts on Monday and Thursday from tomorrow after a two week 16/8 IF. Here's hoping my body will drop some fat as a result of change. I have invested in the scales Carorees recommended so at least there will be accurate measurements now (relatively anyway).
:0)
I'm having trouble finding your app in the us App Store. Libra just gets me horoscopes and financial stuff. Does anyone have the name of an iOS app I can get in the us? Thank you
Thank you all very much for your replies! I hope that after the next week (Lent, Easter, too much cooking, too much eating, less sleep etc) I will find my way to losing more weight! :-)
Tracieknits wrote: I'm having trouble finding your app in the us App Store. Libra just gets me horoscopes and financial stuff. Does anyone have the name of an iOS app I can get in the us? Thank you

Libra is for android, Fatwatch operates on iphones and such, there is another that was mentioned TrueWeight. I did a search here on the forum for Libra and found the different apps mentioned in other threads here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3847&p=36375&hilit=libra#p36375 and here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3958&p=37578&hilit=libra#p37578
Thank you TML13 for asking the question and Kencc for answering it. I've been experiencing the same as toy TML13. A large weight loss in the first 4 weeks then up and down for the last 3. Now I will relax about it and just carry on and if I don't lose anything in the next 2 weeks I will cut down wht I'm eating on feed days.
Cheers,
julianna ;)
Sorry about the 'toy' typo.
Thanks Dominic as well.
Happy Easter TML13. Enjoy your half a lamb. Yum. How will it be cooked?
Ontariomom wrote: My weight can jump up and down from day to day and week to week but I think a lot of it is water weight. I recently purchased a scale that measures % body fat. I've found that even though my weight is bouncing around, my % body fat has slowly but steadily been creeping down. I'm keeping my spirits buoyed on the scenic route by concentrating on that number!

I am experiencing the same.

Mine shows fat%, muscle, hyration level etc and sometimes it looks as if I have lost and gained the same weight but my actual composition has improved. Fat is steadily going down. I have also lost 3cms off my waist in 5 weeks. If it wasn't for these scales I may have given up. I have lost 2.6 kilos in 5 weeks but it shows a higher amount of fat lost.
Julianna, I had missed your question! it was cooked on a spin over charcoal fire! YUM!!!
I'm bumping up this old thread because I thought it an interesting discussion on plateaus and tracking weight. I also have a question - does anyone know of a tracking website or programme that shows the weight-loss trendline on a PC?
Thanks a lot for the Hacker's Diet link, Ken. At first very quick look, it seems it may even work on a BlackBerry PlayBook which would be great.

I hate to sound so feeble but the manual calculation made my head spin! :)
Just entered all my data, going back to March, on the Hacker's Diet website, and I have a trend! For the first time! (Sorry, slightly over-excited by this.)

The trend line makes me feel so much better about my weight-loss - I can see the plateaus clearly (still have no idea why they occurred) but, because the overall trend is down, it just reinforces my sense of achievement.

Thanks again, Ken!

I'll go away and calm down a bit now, shall I? :oops:
45 posts Page 3 of 3