The FastDay Forum

Not losing weight?

Help us to help you! Please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!
Remember, we're not here to judge, we're here to help.

45 posts Page 1 of 3
Hiya peeps!

I am trying to establish what is going on with me and my stupid weight. I'm really tired of not losing, or to be more specific of losing and gaining the same 1 kilo every couple of days.

I've done 4:3 this week and the week before last and I might do it again next week (although they have to be 3 consecutive days) and then it's Easter when I'm going to eat about half a lamb.

Perhaps it's a stupid question to ask but I want to understand if I have reached a plateau or not, considering that for the past 3 weeks I'm losing and then I'm gaining and then I'm losing the same weight over and over again.

I'm not planning to give up, just in case I sound like that but I am trying to convince myself to do another week of calories counting and 4:3 after Easter and then go back to just 5:2 and eating sensibly (I always do, with the exception of 3-4 times per month).

Anyway, sorry for nagging, all I wanted to ask is: am I in a plateau or not?
Me too and soooooo frustrating innit! I can only suggest to keep going and hope for the best. I have changed to 16/8 for a fortnight to show my gut there can be change and it has responded by going up and down and up again, but over a smaller range. Back to 5:2 start of May to try and trick it out of complacency.
:0)
This is me too... but I've been all over the shop with my eating habits at the moment, this week I'm on 4:3 to try and sort my appetite out. I had assumed that a plateau meant weight stabilising and remaining at a certain point, but actually, if it's going up and down by the same amount, and not going below the lower number, that could be classed as a plateau????
Azureblue, 16/8? Please elaborate!!!

Chichi, I am a very good girl regarding what I eat. The averages of both last couple of weeks are under my TDEE. BTW, what's 13 after your name? Mine is indicative of the team I support in Greece.

I think that I have to come to terms with following 5:2 for 3-4 weeks without being tempted to switch to 4:3, just in case I'm returning to starvation mode by doing so...
I too last week put weight on so I checked the calories of what I ate and noticed that Myfitnesspal gave wrong information of calories on my fast days so I had about 200 calories more than I should have,I am hoping this week to lose again,but who knows ,I weigh tomorrow ,also have you tried eating more than your TDEE on some days and less on other days ,this has been suggesed on here, best of luck
For the next couple of weeks I'm gonna either fast or eat 10.000 calories so we'll see how this goes, LOL!

The only way I found in order to keep under 500 is to eat very simple things, which have the calories printed on their packages.
My weight can jump up and down from day to day and week to week but I think a lot of it is water weight. I recently purchased a scale that measures % body fat. I've found that even though my weight is bouncing around, my % body fat has slowly but steadily been creeping down. I'm keeping my spirits buoyed on the scenic route by concentrating on that number!
I need to get me one of those scales...
Am I right in thinking you are weighing everyday? Have you tried using a moving average app like libra or fatwatch? Maybe that would help identify if you're in a plateau or if you just can't see past the daily fluctuations.

Oh and don't forget to check your measurements now and then.
I wasn't too happy with it when I first got it because I realized my old scale was showing my weight as 2 lbs less, but I'm liking it now. Give me a couple of weeks......I may change my mind on it!
I am weighing daily but it doesn't make any difference. I can see whether I'm losing and I'm not...
Ontariomom wrote: I wasn't too happy with it when I first got it because I realized my old scale was showing my weight as 2 lbs less, but I'm liking it now. Give me a couple of weeks......I may change my mind on it!

This happened to me when I recently bought shiny new scales, so I've been 2-3lbs heavier all along!! :curse:

TML13 wrote: what's 13 after your name? Mine is indicative of the team I support in Greece.

ahh mine's just the year as chichi was already taken as a username (apparently) when I signed up!!!! :doh:
I've been on this diet for 6 weeks. I lost a few pounds at the beginning but nothing at all over the last 3 weeks, it's really disappointing. Think I will give it another month and see what happens.
Are you measuring your waist at all? I've been pretty static weight wise for past few weeks - maybe 1kg down in 4 weeks - but I've kept losing cms around my waist. So it is still working, but if I wasn't measuring I might not realise that.
I'm not measuring but I test with certain clothes. Nothing has changed for a couple of weeks.
45 posts Page 1 of 3