The FastDay Forum

Not losing weight?

Help us to help you! Please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!
Remember, we're not here to judge, we're here to help.

7 posts Page 1 of 1
Tanita Body analyzer
02 May 2013, 05:41
Hi

Can anyone tell me please if the Body analyzers they have in Pharmacies are accurate. I called in last night after work and a had a reading done. The weight came out same as my scales which was my reason for trying it, hoping it would say less. Anyway, Visceral fat rating was 12 which was the top end of healthy. BMR was 1567kcal and gave a metabolic rate of 72 yrs :frown:
I started 5:2 on 16th Jan weight 15.5lbs I am now 14.7. I seem to be taking ages to loose a stone, but I don't think I have been eating enough on feed days during the week. I had a dizzy spell at work yesterday and my friend and I worked out that my normal 2 meals a day only came to 960 cal. I don't snack and since a few weeks ago I have been skipping breakfast so I am doing 16 hours without food every day and having two meals one at 12.15 and the other at 7.00p.m
Is it my eating pattern that is slowing my weight loss ?

Chris
Re: Tanita Body analyzer
02 May 2013, 06:17
Hello chris- I have no idea if the analysers are accurate, so sorry, can;t help you there. What I will suggest is that you recalculate your TDEE and eat p to that on your feed days. Getting dizzy is not good,, especially if you think you haven't been eating enough. Not eating enough on feed days seems to slow loss down too.
You could also check the progress tracker and filter it with your stats (male, age group, BMI etc ) and see what the average weight loss is for your grouping. This can give you an idea if you are on track (even if you don't think you are :) )
Do let us know how you get on
02 May 2013, 17:00
Thanks for replying Janeg

I used the tracker as you suggested and since I started 5:2 (before I joined the Forum) has been 13 weeks and I have lost 12lbs so its not far off. I'll just have to try to have more calories in the week, I am alright at weekends and I thought it might balance out over the week. :confused:
02 May 2013, 18:00
Hi Chris...you say your BMR is around 1500 cal...remember that is the amount you need to sustain your body if you just lie in bed 24/7! You have to add the calories needed for all your activities (anything involving standing, walking or faster) to get your total daily energy expenditure (TDEE). You should try to eat around your TDEE on non-fast days. For the average man this will be about 2400 cal. You can roughly calculate your TDEE based on your BMR by multiplying the BMR value by 1.2 if you're sedentary or 1.5 if active. Or there's a link to an online calculator in the FAQ (link in my signature) or google TDEE calculator!
02 May 2013, 19:03
Thanks Caroline

I have taken the lower figure and it comes out at 1880, so Tues & Wed I've got to double up what I've been having, That will be a challenge because I don't want to start grazing again. :bugeyes:

Chris x
02 May 2013, 19:18
Swapping low fat diet foods for full fat stuff (if you have been using low fat things) is good because it reduces the amount of sugar you have.
02 May 2013, 20:40
I have been eating full fat low sugar for the past two years, I think thats why I can manage on two meals a day without being hungry.
7 posts Page 1 of 1