The FastDay Forum

Not losing weight?

Help us to help you! Please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!
Remember, we're not here to judge, we're here to help.

17 posts Page 1 of 2
I have been doing 5-2 diet for 3 weeks now, week 1 I lost a whopping 6lb, week 2 zero, this week I have lost 1lb. I dont know about anyone else but I am finding it hard to get good results since I hit "the change". My bodys natural response is to add weight (damn you hormones) so at times it feels like 1 step forward and 2 back. I am fairly active, I go spinning, cycling and hiking. I have stuck to the diet plan without fail and have no plans to give up as it does work. Anyone else out there finding the same?. Carol X
Cazable that's 7lbs in 3 weeks which seems pretty impressive to me. I think you do need to look at the weight loss over a few weeks as a lot of people have found their weight goes up and down like the proverbial yoyo particularly at the beginning. I'm 57 and have lost about 10lbs in 12 weeks which I'm really pleased about. Undoubtably I put on weight more easily than I did when I was younger but I think that is because we need fewer calories as we get older but I forget that when faced with good food. You are doing really well and I'm impressed with the exercise!
You've lost 6 lb and 1 lb, that shows 7 lb loss, only steps forward and none back. You are doing fantastic and well above forum average of 1 lb a week. It may be called 'fast diet' but it is generally a slow process. Take measurements as that is where some of us find the most progress. :)
Hi, this is more a way of life than quick loss, being of the same hormonal happy time as you I consider any loss a good thing :)
Sounds like you are loosing steadily and slowly, which is what this diet is all about. I too have found it more difficult to loose weight since entering this "exciting" time of my life. But this is a way of life, and I am hopeful I will gradually find the figure of my youth!!!! Just hope I live long enough to actually find it lol! :grin: :wink:
Well done...that's a fantastic result. It is slow and can be frustrating but ultimately worth it ....keep going :smile:
Dear cazable,
Yes, I am in same boat and had no success with any other diet but this one. I have found I hit plateaus for a week or two or even 3 weeks once and then drop 2-3 pounds so keep trying. Don't give up. I have lost 14 pounds so far since Mar.14 so that is an average of over a pound a week but it was in jumps. I do exercise a lot and try nopt to overeat from my TDEE on the regular days. Good Luck
It is difficult to stay focussed when your weight goes down in bumps. Keep at it and you'll start to see a pattern and that makes it easier.
I am struggling too! This is my fourth week, and as yet, no weight loss - seem to lose on scales during fast days but soon back to normal. Sticking to 500 calories on fast days and I too exercise at least 3 times per week and wouldn't say I have gone too mad on my feast/feed days. Am hoping for health benefits too that's why I am continuing with plan. So jealous of those of you who are seeing great weight loss. :confused: Metabolism has gone on strike since menopause. Very disheartened at the moment. :frown:
Welcome to the forum, Dora123

I'm sorry to hear about that. I'm not losing either at the moment, but I have a bad thyroid to blame for it. It's a bit frustrating!

Hubby is doing so well on the diet though, he's lost loads of weight. And at least I'm not gaining, which, with my thyroid problems is probably still a huge boon.
Hi Carol
Well done on losing 7lb in only 3 weeks! I am on HRT and have found my weight creeping up over the past few years. It does seem harder to shift the pounds with the menopause but keep at it! I've been doing 5:2 for 4 months now and lost only 7lb but more importantly I've lost 2 inches off my waist. Have you tried taking measurements? I wish I'd taken more measurements with hindsight as its very encouraging when the inches reduce!

Although I've lost only 7lb in weight, I look as if I've lost a lot more (to me at least :lol: ) because I now have a waist again - which is where I put on my weight since HRT.

So keep up the good work Carol and try measuring anything and everything as you're bound to lose from somewhere :bugeyes:

Daisy
Hi Cazable

Congratulations on your weight loss. The weight went straight round my middle after a surgical menopause but I have found on this diet that this is where I am losing it. Like some of the others mention I took measurements and am enjoying watching the inches slowly reducing. My last weigh in was also after four weeks on the diet and I had lost seven and a half pounds in total -so pretty similar. Keep on going as you are doing very well!

Robina
Hi All, Thanks for the support from you all, lots of you in the same boat as me. I wont give up no matter what. Some really encouraging comments, 7lb in 3 weeks being a good loss, Im really impatient thats my trouble lol. Im not on HRT, just letting nature take its course, a few hot flushes and thats been it for me so I count myself lucky I havent had mood swings, although my husband said how would he tell!! cheeky bugger lol. Onward and upward. Thanks all x Carol x
It's taken me 9 weeks to lose 12lbs...I am thrilled. I too am going through the menopause and not taking HRT. I do take Oil of Evening Primrose which has improved my hot flushes A LOT.

This WOL is easy and it works for me, can't ask for more than that :)
Have done 11 fasts now, and the number of hot flushes has really decreased. They are virtually non-existent on fast days.
17 posts Page 1 of 2