The FastDay Forum

Introduce Yourself!

Our Frequently Asked Questions topic will answer many of your fasting & weight loss questions!

If you're new and have a question or need some advice, please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!

10 posts Page 1 of 1
getting rid of mid body flab
20 Nov 2013, 23:34
hi
i am a male in mid fifties
started on aug 19 2013 with 5:2 after reading article in paper. also am doing the canadian 5bx excercises at same time. started at 119.9kg and am down to 103.3 after 3 months - 16.6kg! only problem is my stomach flab which does not seem to be shifting as much as i would like. any good ideas please. :?:
Continue doing just what you are doing -- it is working well. Remember, there is no way to "target" fat loss in a particular region of the body, you just need to concentrate on overall fat loss. Taking waist measurements is a good way to track your progress -- it provides an indication of visceral fat. Ideally your waist circumference should be less that half your height.
Congratulations on your loss so far! Well done.

As ma3xiu1 says, it's impossible to target fat loss from a particular place, but you can try toning up specific areas. I'm in this situation now after losing >20 kg. I need to tone up almost everywhere, but my upper arms and tummy are the worst. I'm hiring a friend of mine to be my physical trainer, mostly to keep me motivated. (I can make myself run regularly, but I struggle with weight/resistance training.)
I'm the same as MaryAnn in that my belly and bingo wings are the worst. It sucks but the more I seem to stress about it the worse they appear!
Remember that to other people things aren't half as 'bad' as we think they are :)
Continue what you are doing, eat clean but don't obsess, stick to your exercise and drink heaps and heaps of water.
Lil :heart:
I highly recommend yoga for sculpting your stomach. It's great for everything else as well. Well done with your weight loss. You must be so pleased
Welcome and congrats so far! No you cant reduce one area but cutting carbs back can help with bloating. Also beer/wine calories tend to somehow go to the stomach. Your exercises will also help to pull you in.
thanx for all those encouraging words
good luck all for the hols
This was a post from me in October. had a lot of good ideas in replies

exercise-f24/spot-toning-the-stomach-area-for-women-t8512.html

despite comments to the contrary. im going to spot reduce my tummy in 2014. possibly with the help of MMs new book, Fast exercise.

we shall see.
16kg in 3 month - this is awesome!!! Keep going! And congratulations!
@bebesimcho
the 5bx exercises... i have the book! .... based on that book are there any good references online to this process.

or apps
10 posts Page 1 of 1