The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

26 posts Page 2 of 2
Re: Diet survey
11 Dec 2013, 05:02
I'm not following a variety of "diets". My combined way of eating for a long time has been mainly vegetarian. I recently discovered that I had high levels of blood glucose, so I have taken steps to reduce the carbohydrate levels and dairy products within my food intake, in the hope that blood glucose levels will come under control. Yes, a result is also likely to be that weight loss is increased, but that is not the motivation. I would be eating in that way even if I was not trying to lose weight. I also plan to continue with intermittent fasting after I have reached my target weight, both to prevent weight gain but also mainly for other health reasons. It was the potential health benefits of intermittent fasting which brought me to that way of eating, rather than primarilly a concern with weight loss.

I think that you will often find that lots of those who are intermittently fasting are planning to continue eating in that way after they have lost weight. For some it may simply be to prevent weight gain, but others are likely to have been persuaded by the other potential health benefits.

I may have missed this somewhere, but please could you say a little more about your research. Who is funding it?
11 Dec 2013, 06:16
I did the survey and am interested to see the result you are getting in comparison to other diets. I have tried few before but even when I was ten years younger I couldn't get half the results and couldn't keep any of them going for even third of the time I have been on 5:2. Many of my friends have started following 5:2 seeing the success I've had.
11 Dec 2013, 06:58
I did your survey, but was not clear which diet you were referring to at the start of the survey but went ahead with the rest of the questions as for 5:2, having put in Weight Watchers as a "Diet I have done". ( along with many others....) Maybe I missed something in the first question choice. The main thing is that this 5:2 diet is never "done" in the past tense like all the others.
11 Dec 2013, 07:10
Done it, but either my ipad didn't show things properly or I was being blonde, I couldn't find the email box so haven't left my details & I couldn't find the comments box - I wanted to comment that although I said I wasn't continuing with the "diet" I meant that in the context of a losing weight diet - I am continuing with the diet as a WOL as it definitely keeps me well & healthy & allows me to maintain my new slimline & not regain weight
11 Dec 2013, 07:40
Done

I had some problem with the question about if I would recommend it or not. It's not that simple as it's not a good WOE for everybody. And it's not a question of how old you are either but, as almost every diet, it doesn't work on everybody.
12 Dec 2013, 02:55
Hi, everyone. Thanks again for all your comments and for taking the survey. This group rocks :like: :like: :like:

And to answer--

@Bracken - no one's really funding the research, well maybe me and the two other people maintaining my blog with me. The survey is what we decided on after getting a lot of queries about losing weight. I didn't want to just say "oh this diet was rated in the google top 10" or "hey this diet worked according to Dr. So and So." I wanted to hear from actual people who tried it.

I understand that this may not be the best diet for everyone. What I plan to do is get all the data and make an article out of it so my readers can decide for themselves.

I'll definitely be posting the results as soon as we have enough data to do it.

I really hope you guys subscribed to our newsletter so we can also send you a message as soon as the article is done.

As promised, I'll keep coming back here to answer questions or whatever. So keep commenting :smile: And if you can keep referring the survey to your friends, too, that would just be awesome! :victory:
12 Dec 2013, 10:25
I've completed the survey even though I wasn't intending to lose weight as I'm already at a healthy BMI and body fat percentage. I'm doing 6:1 for the added health benefits but there was nowhere on the survey for me to say that. I do appreciate though that I am probably an exception to most of your respondents!
12 Dec 2013, 10:35
Hi

I've completed your survey. I have a feeling 5:2 will come out very high on your list of 'most successful.
13 Dec 2013, 07:55
Hi, @callyanna. Thanks for taking the survey. You said you're usually doing 6:1, I take it that's just a variation of the 5:2? Congrats on having a healthy BMI. It's something a lot of us are striving for :smile:

And @sylvestra, always a pleasure to hear from you. Thanks for taking the survey.
13 Dec 2013, 08:11
Done and it would be good for you to post us the results on this thread I think so that we get the feedback. Found it an ok survey

All the best with it
13 Dec 2013, 11:24
savtoosh wrote: Hi, @callyanna. Thanks for taking the survey. You said you're usually doing 6:1, I take it that's just a variation of the 5:2? Congrats on having a healthy BMI. It's something a lot of us are striving for :smile:

And @sylvestra, always a pleasure to hear from you. Thanks for taking the survey.

hi @savtoosh!yes, as I don't want or need to lose weight I have been fasting just one day, rather than two days a week, hence the 6:1, purely for the perceived additional health benefits :like: :grin:
26 posts Page 2 of 2