The FastDay Forum

Introduce Yourself!

Our Frequently Asked Questions topic will answer many of your fasting & weight loss questions!

If you're new and have a question or need some advice, please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!

9 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi
I have been doing the 5/2 now for 5 weeks and i realy feel great i realy i would like to experiment more with menues for fast days i like every thing except for eggs and these feature alot in the book.I have always been what i call a sencible eater i just always eat to much, i am now dicovering portion control and i am loosing that awful fear of being hungry its actually not to bad at all and the best thing of all is that my alchohol consumtion is down and this must be a bonus.My question is when you reach a sencible weight that is good for you do you just keep on doing the same fast or do you increase the calorie intake on a fast day?
Some people, like Dr. Mosley, are doing 6:1 so they can keep getting the other physiological and medical benefits from fasting without losing weight :-)

And welcome to the forums!
Thank you for that im not quite there yet, this 5/2 has cause quite alot of interest with my friends & collegues sorry i am the worlds worst speller
when did you go to StoneHenge?
Hi farawaynanny

There are different ways to cope with maintaining your weight. As I never eat anything on fast days until the evening, I am thinking of just increasing my calories in the evening meal before considering 6:1. I think you have to be flexible and see how your body responds before you can decide the best way. It might be a combination of 6:1 and 5:2 (after holidays etc) will be needed.
I reckon that if you continue fasting two days a week, you won't just keep losing more and more weight till you disappear. Instead your body will find it's own weight. I plan to keep up the 5:2 for the health benefits. I'm not worried about getting too thin.
After 3 weeks on 5:2 I lost 3 pounds and I don't want to lose more. I started with a healthy weight and I'm feeling that I'm getting too thin. I'm 5 2 and weight now about 113-114 pounds. I'm starting 6:1. I would love to get some data from others who are doing 6:1 for a while. Are there any in this forum???
9 posts Page 1 of 1