The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

20 posts Page 1 of 2
I am slowly losing weight again having put back on 20 pounds since January 2015! This year has had happy events in that I am now a proud grandmother of Amelia & my other son & his partner are now expecting a baby next March. Rather like buses with nothing happening for a long time then hooray two grandchildren in my family :grin:
My weight gain has reflected holiday eating & although I have been fasting most weeks my inbetween days have perhaps been too indulgent with me impulsively eating whatever I fancy. However I still have at least three more stone to lose & my arthritic knees have been affected by this recent weight gain with feeling sore & I find myself limping when I get up in the morning. This has to stop!! I don't want to allow myself to be further debilitated by more weight gain & I also find it difficult getting up from the floor & need to be able to sit on the floor to play when my grandchildren wish to do so.
I am therefore trying to reorganise my eating & although will be away in Cumbria for a week we will mostly be self-catering. I know I need to try much harder to again get back to losing weight but at the moment it seems rather daunting .
Hi @isis how lovely to see yr familiar avatar again...welcome back.
And what fab news re grandchildren! So happy for you! X :like:

Twenty pounds..meh! Me too,i have regained - yet again - ! But currently losing once more ...
Tho i have to say, ive had to resort to Slimming World this time,in conjunction with fasting...i need the tyranny of somebody weighing me every week! :lol:
have you seen our Spring into Fall challenge? Dont be daunted,jump on in!
As you said,you have a great reason to lose now,so you can run round with the little ones!x x
Thank you CandiceMarie & lovely to hear from you. I will look into the challenge but not until after my week away. Sorry to read you have also regained weight but I suppose that just taking ones eye off the ball so to speak is enough to fall back into old habits. I need as well to start doing some exercise & will have to force myself back into a new routine to accommodate that again. I think I have a dose of kindle addiction & have also been spending too much time reading & doing beading. I do regularly treat myself to new books with the attending result in slothfulness!
Hi there @Isis *waves*, nice to see you again :0)
I too have gained about 4kgs, so easy innit!
Many congratulations on your lovely granddaughter and developing sprog, such a welcome joy in your world. They will also be handy gym buddies as the amount of bending, stretching, running and jumping they engender is a fab work out I've found.
I'm also a fellow book worm and an hour or two can slip by unnoticed in the realms of good story telling. I keep an eye on my daily step count now and if it's under 5000 I make myself go out for a random walk for at least half an hour.
Good luck with it all and enjoy every moment, it goes really fast :wink:
Ooh yes deffo have yr hol first @isis ..i love cumbria...
I'm trying to move more to help the old weight loss
No one can say we are not a forum full of triers! :victory: we'll get there by hook or by crook!
Great to have you back@Isis and wonderful to hear about the additions to your family. I am also with you on the weight gain and it affecting your health. I've put on a similar about to you and my asthmas has never been so bad. Like many people, I still come on here every day to see what is happening but don't have much to say for myself. Perhaps if I got more involved in the forum I might engage a bit more with fasting properly and lose the weight again!
@Isis lovely to hear from you. Hum .. yummy grandchildren, congratulations to you and your family :heart: My determination to maintain is also my wellbeing, I've shortcut an early knee replacement. Look forward to seeing you on our latest chilled challenge ,,, if and when it fits you. Take care :victory:
Also hello again to Azureblue, CandiceMarie , wildmissus & Lizbean and thank you for your welcome back. I'm just in the throws of ironing & then packing for Cumbria having sorted out some autumn clothes :cry: It looks like the summer is well & truly over now & longer sleeved tops, thicker jeans & jumpers will be packed plus walking boots! Some exercise will be fitted in & I already have an aromatherapy massage & a facial booked :grin: you know the one for aged skin that just gets face wiped with lots of moisturiser plonked on every evening :lol: :lol:
But I have bought from The Body Shop their much recommended, as shown in Vogue so I was told, facial moisturising gel stuff in a big tub. It does seem to smooth skin & only a little needed. The sales woman showed me the back of her hands to demonstrate its efficacy having had it applied to one for the previous month. It did look smoother & a rather clever selling ploy because I obviously fell for it having only gone in for a replacement lipstick!
Isis wrote: But I have bought from The Body Shop their much recommended, as shown in Vogue so I was told, facial moisturising gel stuff in a big tub. It does seem to smooth skin & only a little needed. The sales woman showed me the back of her hands to demonstrate its efficacy having had it applied to one for the previous month. It did look smoother & a rather clever selling ploy because I obviously fell for it having only gone in for a replacement lipstick!

Oooh sounds interesting, details please as I'd like a change from Oil of Ulay, as used for the last 30 years!
Have a super wonderful Cumbrian break with the best of weather Autumn can offer :0) \o/
Hello @isis, I hope the weather keeps in for you up here in Cumbria, it has been above average the last week or two after an undistinguished summer. Whereabouts are you planning to do your walks?
Welcome back to the fold @isis and congrats on the grandchildren. Have a great holiday. :heart:
Azureblue the Body Shop moisturiser is called Drops of Youth Bouncy Sleeping Mask & comes with a small scoop. Just a little is needed before going to sleep.
Barbarita we are staying not far from Barrow & plan on visiting the lakes & also the Neolithic stone circles. We will also go on any steam trains around & get off for walks.
Thanks for your post Carorees I certainly need to get back on board finally getting down to my goal weight but the interim one would be a good start. I will start properly after my week away.
Welcome back, @Isis, it's good to hear from you again. I guess that you are still on your holidays and I hope you have had good weather and got in plenty of walking. I have just come back from Belgium, having regained a ridiculous amount of weight (six and a half pounds!!!! :shock: ) in twelve days! However, I was straight back on it with a good fast yesterday and eating more carefully today - no snacks, cakes or wine until I am back to target, so three weeks should do that nicely.
Good luck with your return to this WOL. You've done it before so it will hold no surprises for you! Enjoy! :smile:
Hi @Isis - nice to see you back.

I too have gained quite a lot of weight again but motivation has been lacking.

I got back on @CandiceMarie's horse and with a low-carb week have clippety-clopped 6lbs off this week - just got to keep it up now!

:clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover:
Oh well done @madcatlady what a fab weeks work! X
20 posts Page 1 of 2