The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

20 posts Page 2 of 2
Back from Cumbria & I have got back on track this last week & have lost 4 lbs so I feel pleased with myself :grin: The weather was a bit iffy in Cumbria but had a lovely day on a steam train that connected to a cruise on lake Windermere & also visited Beatrix Potters cottage & bought lovely gifts of soft toys of Jemima Puddleduck & a book with animal sounds for our granddaughter & Peter Rabbit & a book for other expected grandchild. Not much walking because of the rain & we rediscovered the joy of eating local potted shrimp!!
I am currently watching rugby with my OH & waiting for the England & Australia match & the South Africa & Scotland one is just getting going!
Isis wrote: Back from Cumbria & I have got back on track this last week & have lost 4 lbs so I feel pleased with myself :grin: The weather was a bit iffy in Cumbria but had a lovely day on a steam train that connected to a cruise on lake Windermere & also visited Beatrix Potters cottage & bought lovely gifts of soft toys of Jemima Puddleduck & a book with animal sounds for our granddaughter & Peter Rabbit & a book for other expected grandchild. Not much walking because of the rain & we rediscovered the joy of eating local potted shrimp!

Crikey @isis, fancy losing 4 lbs that quick after a holiday :like: :like: :like: , you are in the @stowgateresident league. Bad luck about the weather, obviously different in South Cumbria than up here near Penrith where we just had our 2 weeks of summer.
Thank you barbarita I was pleased losing 4 lbs but I suspect most of it was fluid & I'm still trying to get back into a dieting frame of mind. I still prefer full fat butter & yoghurt rather than low fat adulterated stuff laden with sugar & flavourings but need to really restrict the amount I eat. I fancied something sweet so made some plain scones yesterday afternoon & in time for bake off & just had jam & then when watching the cake making on tv ate a plain one. I realise it's the inbetween eating days that are proving a problem for me & will need to more strictly monitor what I am eating. Good luck with everyone trying to get back to a good fasting routine.
I've been plateaued for MONTHS now, so I've "recommitted" to my light days; realized I'd been less strict than before...way too easy to fudge on the allowed 500, innit? Have also found I "can't" have low cal popcorn on light days, can't stop once I start. :oops: And rather than just having a low cal frozen treat on light days, I'll check to make sure: 1. I have the calories remaining; and 2. I really really want it... (I can have it tomorrow...the mantra of 5:2)! Also, my friend's loss has stalled too, so we are emailing each other what we're eating on our light days (same, Mon/Thurs) to keep us honest. :lol:
Madcatlady wrote: Hi @Isis - nice to see you back.

I too have gained quite a lot of weight again but motivation has been lacking.

I got back on @CandiceMarie's horse and with a low-carb week have clippety-clopped 6lbs off this week - just got to keep it up now!

:clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover:

Very well done Madcatlady & thank you it is good to be back. I am struggling to get back into the swing of things not so much on fast days but in trying to still enjoy food but also lose weight. I am still shocked when I stand on my scales & see how much I weigh now because I put weight back on so quickly despite continuing to fast, except for my weeks on holiday. But it is so much slower losing it! Anyway we all need to keep on trying & we will eventually get to our goal weight.
20 posts Page 2 of 2