The FastDay Forum

Introduce Yourself!

Our Frequently Asked Questions topic will answer many of your fasting & weight loss questions!

If you're new and have a question or need some advice, please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!

10 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi! I tried fasting 2 years ago, and was successful for a couple of months, but gave up because part of my job was eating school lunches with my students (I was a teacher in Japan). Now, I am at a new job, so it is easier for me to choose what and when I eat. So I've decided to start fasting again. The first day this week was not easy, I kind of just decided if I was going to do it, I might as well start that day. So I didn't plan at all. The second fast was a little easier.

Anyway, I'm determined to stick with the 5:2 plan this time, and looking forward to getting to know people on the forum and learning as much as I can from the website!
Welcome to the forum, and congratulations on the new job :-)
Welcome to the forum, @librarycat. Love your name!
Hi @Librarycat and welcome, as you say many more to go, I hope your week ahead is a good one :wink: :clover:
Thank you all for welcomibg me!
hey, @LibraryCat, love the name too! Here's a pdf I put together for a friend of mine that kinda boils it down...though I'm certainly not the only perspective and it's good to get different takes on the forum. Keep visiting, the support and company is incredible!
5-2 et al.pdf
5.2 basics
(590.6 KiB) Downloaded 56 times
Welcome to the forum! Love your user name :grin:
@ferretgal thanks for the PDF! I just read it, and I think it will be helpful :smile:
@Librarycat I have and I think the forum maybe wondering what you are reading! :wink: :smile:
Like LibrayCat I am two fasts down this week having tried 5:2 before. I have coped very well with the fasting - I would like to lose around 7 kilos and think with patience I could do it but have one problem - on fast days I suffer from terrible insomnia. Last night I could not fall asleep until 3 am and drove myself to distraction. I just felt wired and hungry though I didn't feel hungry during fast only after 400 cal dinner. Anyone have any suggestions? It also feels connected with water loss - hard to explain but you will probably know what I mean
10 posts Page 1 of 1