The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

9 posts Page 1 of 1
Healing, health and fitness.
16 Jun 2014, 14:03
My goals are healing addictive patterns as well as joint pain. Finding my greatest health potential, and regaining fitness without injury. I used to feel great about 3-5 years ago. My energy was limitless, but after I took a Psychic desk job, I wasn't as active, and before I knew it my health slipped badly when I tried to work out like I was used to and suffered a hip injury. That was 12 months ago, and I still struggle daily with joint pain and stiffness.

So here I am to regain my energy and health again with fast exercise, and fast dieting.
My start weight is 132

I have struggled to stick to 500 calories this year, but this journal shall keep me accountable. Let the tracking begin. :like:
Welcome Mystic and I hope your health picks up and you enjoy being part of the forum

Ballerina x :heart:
Hi Mystic! Welcome - great goals!
I feel for you with joint pains,stiffness etc as i have it too
Enjoy yr journey and i hope you can regain that good health you once enjoyed x
Welcome @mystic

Lovely avatar!

Hope the joint pain gets better. My knees and hands are much better after 10 months. Now the knees could be accounted for by having less weight to lug about, but as I am not a circus performer I don't believe it explains the fact that my hands are less stiff and I can make fists easily any time of day, whereas before I found I had to overcome resistance and discomfort on my first attempt on waking up.
Thank you, for the kind welcomes. I have discovered my joint pain is almost gone when I give up bread and gluten for a few days, and then I usually give in to some fresh rolls that the family have around, and the joint pain invariably comes back. I don't know why, but going bread free helps, so I must learn to resist temptation and steer clear of that which inflamates my joints. I've been watching some interesting videos from http://nutritionfacts.org today, and it's making me want to go vegan again. Every time I've tried in the past it hasn't worked for me, but it was saying how important omega 3's are. Today I had a banana flaxseed smoothie and it was really filling.
Hello @mystic

As you have identified a connection between your joint pains and eating bread you might be interested in reading "Wheat Belly" by Dr William Davis. It's available on Kindle. He also has a website and Facebook page.
I've got it thanks, great book. My joints are happier away from bread.
I’ve logged back on after a few years away, and my goals are much the same, so think I’ll keep going with my original thread. Last year I walked 1000 miles, and that is my goal this year but currently I’m side lined with a sore hip, and come to think of it, I have been eating bread lately..

I’ve given up my psychic jobs recently and am going into writing full time this year, excited to be doing my own thing for a change, more freedom and a happier life are my goals.

I’m also trying to give up social media and get back to using forums, which is why I have returned. I want connection with real people without all the drama!
Welcome back Mystic!

You will notice that the forum is a lot quieter now, but usually someone will respond to any post.

Sounds like you were doing 5:2 - are you still? And how satisfying to reach a total of 1000 miles - hope the hip doesn't give you too much trouble.

Good luck and best wishes. :clover: :smile:
9 posts Page 1 of 1