The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

25 posts Page 2 of 2
Ohhhh I have just looked at my progress tracker, and remembered my TDEE is around 2100 calories, and on my fitness pal have worked out I ate around 2200, so not even that much over! Crazy :) I love this! Feel so full and satisfied!
Another successful day of fasting :) happy to say! I didn't really feel too hungry at all today. Kept myself busy! Have felt slightly hungry tonight but think I have just been not so busy and a bit bored, thinking of food quite a lot. So today I didn't eat anything at all until around 6pm when I had a little portion of SW prawn curry (really low, only made with chopped tomatoes, prawns, fat free yogurt and spices) and salad, then some melon. I had approx 100 calories left so had a 60 cal hot chocolate and some mini marshmallows, felt like such a treat!

Looking forward to eating tomorrow! I think weetabix for breakfast, soup for lunch and chilli and bombay potatoes for tea! Happy lady :) hope everyone has had a great day!
Just popping by to say how lovely it is to read your enthusiasm @sweet21!

You are a great ambassador!

:rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:
It sounds like you're doing really well!! There's a bit of a learning curve, I found for myself. My first few weeks, I definitely overate on non-fasting days. When my weight loss slowed, I started reining that in.

My goal with this WOE, is, other than losing weight, learning how to eat so that I never regain again. So I try to be really mindful on feed days/normal days. I don't always succeed, but I try to stop when I've had just enough, rather than eat the whole aero bar or chicken pie. ;-) The idea is normal size portions of mostly healthy food, with moderately sized treats.
@Hazelnut20 thanks so much, its really nice to hear comments like that :)

@Tracieknits thanks for the advice! I'm going to try and be mindful of it by planning what I eat the day before. Hopefully that will be enough - maybe I should plan in some chocolate or a 'treat' to look forward to, but also with that plan in the portion size? So tomorrow I might buy myself a small bar of chocolate to look forward to in the evening, rather than just going out on a whim and buying it right there right now because I fancy it? All food for thought I suppose :)

Thanks ladies!!
I keep a stash of mini bars of chocolate. They're usually about 60 calories each. I'm normally good about having only one ;-)
Forgot to post yesterday! Had an ok day - my non-fast day, but ended up overrating again. Found out I was starting my new job, so automatically picked myself a load of chocolate for a 'treat'. Need to think more about that, it's so mindless. But not too upset about it, probably due to the fast day I had today which went well. I had a banana, some prawn stir fry and salad and some angel delight. Came to about 600 calories but it issss my third one of the week so pretty pleased :). And pleased that I managed to make it through my 12 hour shift on only a banana! Think being in work is going to be better for my fasting - as I know a lot of people say - because I'm kept busy and don't really have time to think about food. Really hoping the scales are kind to me in the morning!
:clover: Good Luck with the scales tomorrow @sweet21 :clover:
Don't forget the tape measure that's sometimes a better indication of what's happening to your body.
Well done on the 4:3 don't worry at all about a few calories extra that's not going to ruin anything,
I'd call that a very good week indeed. :clover: :clover: :clover:
Thanks @Sue.Q.. however the scales were not nice to me! Was a real disappointment to be honest, I think I'm actually heavier now than I was last week? Really demotivated me, and I've had a bad two days of overeating. Really struggling to get my head round it! I keep secret eating and hiding the wrappers from people - I know, its a really bad habit. I need to leave my purse at home!!

HOWEVER, as ever I am drawing a line under it and trying to rectify my weekend by having a fast day tomorrow. Won't eat anything all day, will go to the gym at some point, and then will have a salad later. Hope I'm feeling more motivated tomorrow.. Think I'm just down because I have done 3 solid fasts last week, and am pretty sure the scales will show a gain on Tuesday. And I know it's because of my overeating on non-fast days.

EURGHHH. Anyone have any advice for not overeating? Maybe a 18:6 type day would help.. surely I won't be able to eat THAT much in 6 hours? :bugeyes:
That's the best you can do draw a line and forget it otherwise it will eat away at you, make tomorrow a determined true 500 cal fastday eve meal only if you can wait, then as you said 18:6 on other days plus find something healthy to nibble + munch on in the evenings on your feed days.
I've had a really bad day today I've never stopped nibbling on rubbish just couldn't seem to stop, on these occasions we do have to learn to forgive ourselves ( not easy).
and move on

Note to self Must do better!!! :shock:
25 posts Page 2 of 2