The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

25 posts Page 1 of 2
So I have done the fasting diet before - once about a year and a half ago, then again about a year later. I found it more difficult the second time round and wouldn't really count it as a good go.

The first time I did 5:2 and absolutely loved it - I was in really good shape, and on the way to being comfortable with myself. Then I had lots of university exams and then went off traveling and put all the weight back on. When I got back, I attempted 5:2 again, but kept cheating and would massively over eat on non-fasting days. I didn't lose any weight that time. Since then I did the Cambridge Diet - which I loved, found it really easy and lost around a stone. But then went on holiday, and when I came home I just couldn't afford to continue.. £45 per week is far too much for me at the minute!

So I have decided to give fasting one last go. I'm trying to remember how easy I found it the first time and keep really focused! The main thing I struggle with is the eating days, but am going to try and plan exactly what food I am having so I don't overeat.

My first fast day is tomorrow: I plan to fast for as long as I can, hopefully until around 5pm, and just have one meal of yellow fish fillet and salad. Wish me luck :)
Good Luck with starting again. I suggest you try going back to basics, treat this as your first time and keep checking in here for the help, support and fun!
Hi @sweet21 And welcome to this fab forum :like:
Well done on your choice to return to 5:2 as a new WOL
Remember how easy you found it first time around?
Remember how good it made you feel doing the fasts?
Remember loosing your weight and how that felt?

Remember doing Cambridge crap/ paying those weekly payments out of your hard earned cash lining someone else's pockets making them far richer
and you the poorer?

No Brainer / No Comparison / No Cash Layout
/ No Use / No Real Food

Glad you've seen sense and rejoined us good luck with tomorrow's fast you'll get plenty company
including me.
:clover: :clover: :clover: :clover:
Good luck sweetie, we are here to help and the inspiring words of @Sue.Qhas sent shivers done my spine. Bless her little cotton socks. Love Ya Sue.
Yes it's FREE....
Hi there
Yes Carie..very well said @Sue.Q all i can add is sue's words are very true!and Annie's advice excellent too
Good luck with yr new journey Sweet,forget the past and look to the future..and welcome
aboard! x :like:
Thank you so much! I can tell already how supported I will be on this site, and you have all made me really excited for my first fast day tomorrow! I'll let you know how I get on :) much love!
Hi @sweet21 and a big welcome from me!

Fab advice from everyone so far! I definitely agree that you should treat it as the first time - that way, you get a clean slate...nothing that has gone before matters. Only now matters!

You have made a decision to do 5:2 and that is marvellous. We will support you all the way!

Give yourself the best possible chance to succeed by only focusing on the right here, right now. If you are truly committed and ready for success.....you will succeed. Fact. If you are half-hearted, you might only have limited success.

It really boils down to how much you want to lose weight. The way I looked on it, only I was responsible for the state I got myself into - nobody else forced food down my throat - so only I could fix it. Fact. Once you accept responsibility, you can start to make the necessary changes....

Best of luck!

:rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:
So I had a great first day :)

Started out by staying in bed until 10am - I'm waiting to start my new job so might as well - then got up. Pottered around and did some work from home. Around 4pm I made my sister a salad with some gorgeous roast beef we had in, and I had about 5 bites worth. But then only meal of the day was a smoked haddock fillet oven baked with chilli and garlic, with a salad of lettece, cucumber, celery and tomatos. Then had 8 cherries to bring my calories to 500 :) so feeling pretty good!

Havnt really felt hungry - my stomach has rumbled but not felt overly hungry. Had a little bit of a headache but nothing major!

Feeling very good, and looking forward to having a nice, healthy day tomorrow :)
Loving this site for motivation! Hope everyone has had a good day :)
Well done sweety! The best feeling is the next morning after a great fast day- lying in bed thinking ' wow my tummy feels flatter and I feel slimmer!"
Xxx
Wow.. So I woke this morning, weighed myself (bit of a daily weigher but it works for me!) and seem to have magically lost 3.25lbs overnight! Haha, i know its all water weight but how fab to see! I'm joining Slimming World tonight with my mum as I want to vaguely stick to their plan on my non-fast days, apart from I'm also going to be trying to do low carb as thats always been the best for me in the past. It's partly for motivation as well - I know I have to get weighed so hopefully will put me off overeating! And also to motivate my mum, who's started SW but is also thinking about joining this WOE.

So, plan today is some natural fat free yogurt with fruit for breakfast, homemade curried parsnip and apple soup for lunch (first time making it, wish me luck!) and then homemade SW quiche and salad for dinner.
Hope every has a lovely day :)
At the start err restart you will probably find 'all you need is ' (apart from love tee hee- too many Beatles replays lately scuse the pun) is 5:2. Really is fabulous and works well on the whole

Welcome and enjoy the journey
Just make sure you eat enough on non-fast days. The whole idea of fasting is to not eat too low cal on regular days. You should up the calories a bit from the SW plan, since that plan does not take into account that your fasting!
@cblasz thanks for the advice. Clocking up my calories today, I'm well under my TDEE! I'll have to have a nice big glass of wine later eh.. :wink:
gillymary wrote: At the start err restart you will probably find 'all you need is ' (apart from love tee hee- too many Beatles replays lately scuse the pun) is 5:2. Really is fabulous and works well on the whole

Welcome and enjoy the journey

Couldn't agree more why would you want to pay someoneyour hhard earned cash just to tell you your losing weight especially when you're a daily weighed?
Absolutely no reason why not get your mum on 5:2 with you and you'll both save money instead of making someone else the richer, plus you actually gain health benefits doing this WOL. :clover: :clover: :clover:
@sue.q I just thought that by going to a class that could be my official weekly weigh in. My mum isnt 100% convinced with 5:2 and wants to continue with slimming world, so I do want to support her with that. Seems as I live with her, we can make lovely slimming world meals on my non fast days too :)

So I had an ok day today, apart from I took the advice about me actually not eating enough a bit too well.. I ended up OVER eating! Ended up having a nice bowl of fruit and yogurt for breakfast, a small bowl of curried parsnip and apple soup for lunch (a SW receptive, which was actually delicious!) and then nothing until I got weighed later on. So then had a late dinner which was going to be egg, beans and SW chips.. But ended up being a gorgeous creamy chicken pie with beans and chips! My aunty had done some cooking for us and couldn't say no! Then later on I went to the pub with a friend and ended up having a pint of cider and a big bar of aero!

Not beating myself up about it AT ALL because this is the beauty of the 5:2, I can eat 'what I want' on non fast days. But just need to keep an eye on it, and could have done without the chocolate!

Having another day of fasting tomorrow, so plan is to have nothing in the day until a nice big tuna salad for dinner :) hope everyone has a lovely sleep and a great day tomorrow!
25 posts Page 1 of 2