The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

57 posts Page 1 of 4
I think this will be a good spot to keep tabs on how things are going, and as an accountability tool for myself.

First the stats:

Name-Sara Jayne
Age-35 yr old, mom of three kids (5, 7 and 9)
Height-5ft, 6in
SW-175lbs/size 14 jeans/glucose number in pre-diabetic range (October 2012)
CW- 120lbs (2/25/14) /size 2 jeans/glucose number is solidly in normal range

What's been going on-

I did ADF, (JUDDD), for the majority of my weight loss, and after I hit my original goal of 135lbs in the spring of 2013, I used 5:2 and 16:8 as a transition from weight loss to maintenance, and also lost a few more pounds (vanity pounds at that point). Last fall I called final goal, with a maintenance range of 117lbs-120lbs. This put my bmi at around 19 and my bf % estimate was around 17% at this time as well.

I got really involved over at MFP and I let myself become convinced that IF wasn't necessary for maintenance, and straight calorie counting/tracking was the way to go. But, I dislike keeping a daily food diary and during weight loss I only tracked on my down (fasting) days. Over at MFP I wasn't able to stick with daily tracking and that caused me to get sloppy. It worked to not track some of the time when I was incorporating down days, but when I wasn't doing that, extra calories started slipping in.

I'm going back to IF for maintenance, because I now know I need some sort of plan to follow and I really enjoyed IF (and no daily tracking yay!). I deleted my MFP account and I'm getting plugged in here :heart:

UPDATE: 2/25-one thing I've learned over the past year and a half, is that this is an ever evolving process! I'm going to really start focusing on strength training now and will be doing a controlled gain along side that. I'd like to combine that with 16:8 and have an eating window of 11am-7pm. I'm wrapping up Mark Lauren's program. Body By You, and will be starting You Are Your Own Gym next week!

Here's some current pictures (taken in January)

Before pictures..

:heart: OMG @sarajaynevz You look amazing a totally different body well done. :heart: :heart:
Sue.Q wrote: :heart: OMG @sarajaynevz You look amazing a totally different body well done. :heart: :heart:

Thanks! The transformation is all due to IF :victory: Now the challenging part-keeping the weight off for the next 40ish years lol.
I'm speechless. That's an amazing transformation. Your Will power must have been phenominal. You are more living proof that this 5.2 thingy works. Please come out from the shadows and keep letting everyone know just how simple and doable this can be. :grin:
carieoates wrote: I'm speechless. That's an amazing transformation. Your Will power must have been phenominal. You are more living proof that this 5.2 thingy works. Please come out from the shadows and keep letting everyone know just how simple and doable this can be. :grin:

I definitely want to be an active participant on the boards-getting familiar with them right now and will try and jump in whenever possible!
Hi Sara Jayne!

Wow, your transformation is incredible! You should be so proud of yourself. Your before pictures look a lot like my 'now' pictures - in fact your start weight is the same as mine was. So personally this is a great inspiration to me. How long has this taken you?

You look absolutely amazing - well done. I don't think I would be able to get quite as slim as you as I have a broad frame and I think I'd look a little silly but to just get close would be great.

Thank you for 'coming out' of the IF closet and sharing your success with us xx
kelkelkelster wrote: Hi Sara Jayne!

Wow, your transformation is incredible! You should be so proud of yourself. Your before pictures look a lot like my 'now' pictures - in fact your start weight is the same as mine was. So personally this is a great inspiration to me. How long has this taken you?

You look absolutely amazing - well done. I don't think I would be able to get quite as slim as you as I have a broad frame and I think I'd look a little silly but to just get close would be great.

Thank you for 'coming out' of the IF closet and sharing your success with us xx

I started at 175lbs, October 2012. Hit my original goal of 135lbs in April 2013, transitioned into semi-maintenance at that point and continued losing weight, but at a slower pace. Called final goal November 2013 with a maintenance range of 117-120lbs. Currently up to 122ish pounds so going to work on getting that back down to the 119-120lb range and then keep on maintaining :)
Wow, SaraJ! That's a fantastic achievement.

Well done on seeing the light and coming back to IF!

I've been maintaining on 6:1 for the last 16 months and my weight has remained stable at 9.1-3.

On my fast day I keep my calories as low as possible, since I find eating up to 600 calories too much of a faff. So I fast for 24 hours, then have a dinner of around <150. I also use this day as an alcohol-free day.

I've said since reaching my goal I'll never let another week go by without some sort of fast - I find it easy, and, for the first time in my life, I'm in control of my weight - and of my life!
well done, Sara Jayne!
Hi and welcome :) Well done! Your transformation is fantastic and very inspirational.

I'm also maintaining and don't see myself ever going through a week Without. some sort of fast. Although I've just come back from a 17 day holiday where I didn't fast at all but did skip breakfast everyday and usually managed to eat within an 8 hour window or less. I put on a pound but still within my Maintenence range.

Now I'm back I plan on doing varady's 1000cal Maintenence programme as it was working really well for me before I left.

Good luck and keep us posted :clover:
Oh wow. You look incredible. Such an inspiration, thank you!
Fantastic. And let this be an lesson for everyone under 40 years of age or so. It looks like your skin went back to shape very well. At my age of 55, the results have not been quite as wonderful. So wish I had found this WOE years ago....
Very impressive. You look amazing and I'm sure you feel fantastic. Can you tell us what the difference it has made to you, not weight wise? Like energy etc. notice that your bloods are normal now and that is so good.
Inspirational and well done.
57 posts Page 1 of 4