The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

57 posts Page 3 of 4
Wow, you look great!
Good luck with the maintenance!
Thank you for posting your story, the pictures and the process you are working through to figure out what will work. It will be very helpful to those of us who are following behind you. And I'm with the poster who said congratulations on doing this in your 30's. Many of us are wishing we'd wised up sooner. :smile: Thanks for sharing!
Today was going to be my second repair day for the week, but this morning the scale was still solidly on 118lbs! I don't know what to do now-I know I always eat higher calories on the weekends, so I'm tempted to go ahead and do a 1,000 calorie repair day today to help offset the next few days. However, I really don't want to see the scale go down anymore... I think I'll follow AnnieD's method and only do repair days if my weight is creeping up past my maintenance range. Since it's not today, I'm going to skip the repair day but will do 16:8, which will still help keep me on track today :)
Sarajaynevz wrote: I think I'll follow AnnieD's method and only do repair days if my weight is creeping up past my maintenance range. Since it's not today, I'm going to skip the repair day but will do 16:8, which will still help keep me on track today :)


Sounds like a good plan to me, but then it would :lol: :lol: :lol:
I did my usual fast on Monday - ate normally on Tuesday and had a wake-up call on Wednesday.

Usually I can pull my belt through a couple of inches past the last hole - but yesterday I only had about 1/2 an inch of slack! :(

So I did what I call a mini-fast - I didn't eat from last night at 7.00pm to today at 6.30. I'll need to a couple more of those to get me back to normal.

I didn't do anything outrageous - just over-ate, I think. Too many puddings, probably.

I'm interested to see how long it takes me to regain (or lose, to be precise! :)) those extra inches.

And then I'll report back.
Amazing and well done, thanks for sharing your before and now shots and it is interesting to see how you work out your maintenance plan will watch with interest as to what you find out. Great thread :smile:
Breadandwine wrote: I did my usual fast on Monday - ate normally on Tuesday and had a wake-up call on Wednesday.

Usually I can pull my belt through a couple of inches past the last hole - but yesterday I only had about 1/2 an inch of slack! :(

So I did what I call a mini-fast - I didn't eat from last night at 7.00pm to today at 6.30. I'll need to a couple more of those to get me back to normal.

I didn't do anything outrageous - just over-ate, I think. Too many puddings, probably.

I'm interested to see how long it takes me to regain (or lose, to be precise! :)) those extra inches.

And then I'll report back.



That's the great thing about IF-you can tailor it to fit your lifestyle/situation!
Monday is here and since the scale is up a bit, I'm going ahead with a repair day today :) I'm going to aim for 800 calories. Tonight we're going skiing so the big challenge today will be to stay out of the concession area at the ski place-my big weakness! I'm going to bring one of my packets of diet hot cocoa and then ask for hot water. Regular hot cocoa can have over 200 calories in it!

Food plan for today:

Subway Veggie Sub, 6 inch: Italian bread, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, black olives, green peppers, mild pepper rings, light mayo and vinegar (270 calories)

hot cocoa x2 (50 calories) SKIPPED

Progresso Light Chicken and Cheese Enchilada soup x2 (180 calories)

Progresso Light Beef Pot Roast soup x2 (180 calories) SKIPPED

Cherry flavored Greek yogurt (100 calories)

ADDED: cream cheese hot pretzel, topped with powdered sugar; handful of Skittles and several sips of regular hot cocoa (concession area of ski place)

1,200ish calories???
Skiing eh? Excellent! Are you going to be doing that mogul/freestyle stuff? I'm sure that burns a lot of calories! Also cold-exposure is really good for activating brown adipose tissue which burns fat! Plus fasting, means a triple-whammy for fat burning!
carorees wrote: Skiing eh? Excellent! Are you going to be doing that mogul/freestyle stuff? I'm sure that burns a lot of calories! Also cold-exposure is really good for activating brown adipose tissue which burns fat! Plus fasting, means a triple-whammy for fat burning!



I do more of the fall flat of my face/tumble down hill while screaming kind of skiing :lol: Last time I managed to get up the hill and then scooted down on my bum because it was to high up lol. Hoping I'll be a bit braver tonight :)
Well today ended up being an epic fail-yep, the concession stand got me lol. I was doing fine, until I saw that they had cream cheese filled hot pretzels (with powdered sugar sprinkled on top). Oh. My. Goodness. All good intentions went out the window and I ended up eating a whole one by myself (soooo good!!), then I decided since I'd given in to that, I might as well go all out and had a handful of Skittles and half of my son's hot cocoa :silly:

All said and done my total calories for the day were probably in the 1,200 range, so not too bad (I skipped the diet hot cocoa and soup I had planned as well, so that knocked some calories off). I'm marking today as a regular day and will just plan on a solid repair day on Thursday :)
Aiming for a solid repair day today (800 calories)

-Peach Greek yogurt (100 calories)
-2 hard shell tacos from Taco Bell (340 calories)
-Progresso Light Beef Pot Roast soup x2 (160 calories)
-1 whole egg with 2 egg whites-scrambled with diced onion and mushroom (140ish calories)
-diet hot cocoa (25 calories)

Total: around 765 calories
Just a quick pop in...

Oh to be a maintainer!

Bean :starving: :bugeyes:
nursebean wrote: Just a quick pop in...

Oh to be a maintainer!

Bean :starving: :bugeyes:



You'll get there :hugright:
Wow Sarah! Big Congrats on your amazing transformation! You sure have come a long way mom23kids, since we first met last year JUDDing together on LC friends. I remember back in 12/12, when we both weighed 155 & had the same goal of reaching 135. I still hope to this April - a whole year after you did. lol! I honestly never would have recognized you, if I didn't see your before photos along with your old profile name on photobucket. Just curious how you got so skinny (from 128 to 118), after you had stopped doing IF up to now?

Best wishes on your maintenance! ~ Ann
57 posts Page 3 of 4
Similar Topics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

START THE 5:2 DIET WITH HELP FROM FASTDAY

Be healthier. Lose weight. Eat the foods you love, most of the time.

Learn about the 5:2 diet

LEARN ABOUT FASTING
We've got loads of info about intermittent fasting, written in a way which is easy to understand. Whether you're wondering about side effects or why the scales aren't budging, we've got all you need to know.

Your intermittent fasting questions answered ASK QUESTIONS & GET SUPPORT
Come along to the FastDay Forum, we're a friendly bunch and happy to answer your fasting questions and offer support. Why not join in one of our regular challenges to help you towards your goal weight?

Use our free 5:2 diet tracker FREE 5:2 DIET PROGRESS TRACKER & BLOG
Tracking your diet progress is great for staying motivated. Chart your measurements and keep tabs on your daily calorie needs. You can even create a free blog to journal your 5:2 experience!

cron