The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

133 posts Page 5 of 9
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Next
Congratulations on your 70 lbs loss overall and the accelerated loss on your hybrid plan.

Love to poor kitty - get well soon.
Ohhh trace i have to say it first before i even congratulate you..so sorry bout yr sick kitty...its soooooooo worrying isnt it and totally upsetting when theyre not well...our Ziggy was poorly 2 weeks ago with bladder trouble and we were so anxious about him.may all the pets ( and kids) and us! be well xx
Fab work on reaching yr target ahead of schedule !! Very very very well done! * thunderous applause*
:victory: :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory: xxxxxxx
Thank you ladies! :-)
Well done @Tracieknits, that's fab :like: :like: :like: :victory: . Hope kittys feeling better
So sorry to hear about your poorly kitty, @tracieknits - what an anxious time you have had. Glad to hear things are on the up...

I'm just popping in to say how exciting it is that you are hovering on the threshold of leaving the 200's...and dropping into the 100-and-somethings! A momentous moment I would say. I'm so pleased your hybrid plan is going so brilliantly...& I love the weightloss update on your signature...it's so motivating to read it...plus, with you, it's always changing...hurrah!!

That's all - just wanted you to know I'm really pleased for you...& enjoy reading your posts xx
Thanks so much @Justdee and @Hazelnut20!

Kitty is feeling much better - he's eating more, not as much as before, but definitely more. And he's more active. He's even getting better about taking his medicine. He's been sleeping curled up next to my chest at night since he got sick, and I really don't mind if he never stops. The warm purring bundle is very soothing :-)

Pernelle, I find my signature so motivating too! I get excited when I lose a little more weight and get to change it. I cannot believe that my total pounds lost is so high now!! I only wish I had saved a pair of size 22 pants that I used to wear so that I could take one of those photos in them once I hit goal weight.

Speaking of clothes, I tried on just about my entire wardrobe yesterday and set aside an extremely large pile to donate. I volunteer at a food pantry and we have a rack for clothes that people can help themselves to, and I'm going to be filling that rack next week on my shift! Now the clothes in my closet actually all fit me right now and I have a nice, but modest wardrobe. I need to resist the urge to fill that empty space with clothes, although I'm tempted to shop the sales for size 12s I find on the cheap.

And I found a Doctor Who t-shirt I bought about two years ago. It never fit and was really small. But it sure fits now! it looks really cute with the new jeans I bought. (10th doctor, natch)
Really happy for you Tracie,it's a great achievement for you,so well done you,I really love shopping for bargains I like to buy at the end of the season when they have lots of sales here in oz
Thanks NewGirl!

I haven't been keeping up with this journal, because i've been super busy. But things are going well.

I relaxed a bit last week after fulfilling my stretch goals (losing 30 lbs at ww meetings and filling up the 16 week booklet spaces for 5 lb gold stars). I'm down to 34.2 pounds down since April! I have just under three weeks until my trip to Paris.

Today, as I was sitting on the floor organizing some stuff for my trip, I realized, I'm sitting crosslegged on the floor in size 14 jeans from Target and they're perfectly comfortable - not the least bit tight or constricting. In 2011, my size 22 jeans from the fat lady store were too tight to sit on the floor - not to mention that getting up was much more difficult than it is now.

Yesterday I had bad results from overcelebrating my 6th star at ww on Wednesday. I started Thursday morning with half of an onion bagel and some French butter. I had the points for this but I was woefully unprepared for what eating carbs first thing in the morning would do to the hunger monster. RAWR it screamed, all day long.

The damage wasn't too bad, I'm only up 0.8 lbs from my low on Wednesday morning. But I'm determined to behave and keep carbs in their proper place -- later in the day, small portions and only with a substantial serving of protein. That seems to be the way I tolerate them best. I had a lovely full-fat yogurt with fresh fruit this morning and I'm feeling much calmer :-)

This weekend's plans include the usual splurges of pizza and a cheeseburger, with a generous quantity of champagne. But it's all about balance (a large green salad with the pizza, and only two smaller slices, or for the burger, portion control and high quality ingredients cooked at home). These splurge weekends definitely give me what I need to look forward to. Besides, then I'm ready for a fast day on Monday and a salad with grilled chicken for dinner.
Tracie - your progress has me so inspired! Safe travels.
Well I'm facing having to go to a weight watchers meeting today with no loss. I'm not sure why. I behaved really pretty well, and about in line with the last few weeks. Yes, I splurged a bit on wine and I even had some potato chips (they were so good- tikka masala flavored!), but I tracked *everything* and I didn't go over in points. Today, I am 0.1 lbs heavier than last wednesday, on my home scale at least. The only thing I can think of is that it might be hormonal. I haven't had a period since June 24. I'm going to be 50 in November, and my thyroid is wonky. Both of these things can influence a cycle. So there's a chance this could have something to do with it -- so I won't despair.

I had 16 weeks in a row with a loss each and every week. That's certainly not a bad run and this measly 0.1 lb should not be enough to throw in the towel. One good pee, or perhaps not wearing underwear and I might even show a loss >.<
Well I braved it out. I weighed in at weight watchers with no fancy tricks, wearing all of my usual clothes, and their scale said I was down a pound - they said that clothed, I weighed the same as my scale at home, nude. So I'll take it. Losing streak is unbroken! I'm relieved though and after that scare I'm determined to be really good for the next two weeks. Hubby was not available for a splurge lunch, thankfully, so we avoided Indian buffet and I had a far more modest thai lunch out with my son (Thai Basil Chicken is only 4 points on WW and I having read the recipes, I believe it). I splurged on a cup of white rice, but found I couldn't finish it.

My goal for this week - less alcohol!!
Yay!!! XXXXX
@tracieknits ive tried several times to post on the Bsd thread but when i press submit, i just get a page saying General Error tho i am able to post here - do you as a mod have any idea why this is happening? XX
Well done @TracieKnits another pound gone - woohoo! I love it when a plan comes together!! xx
CandiceMarie wrote: @tracieknits ive tried several times to post on the Bsd thread but when i press submit, i just get a page saying General Error tho i am able to post here - do you as a mod have any idea why this is happening? XX

Sorry, I don't! I was pretty busy today and hardly online at all.

Be sure to tag Moogie if the problems keep up
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Next
133 posts Page 5 of 9