The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

133 posts Page 6 of 9
Previous 1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Next
Tracieknits wrote:
CandiceMarie wrote: @tracieknits ive tried several times to post on the Bsd thread but when i press submit, i just get a page saying General Error tho i am able to post here - do you as a mod have any idea why this is happening? XX

Sorry, I don't! I was pretty busy today and hardly online at all.

Be sure to tag Moogie if the problems keep up

Dear @moogie
Please read above! I can post on any thread except Hazelnuts 8 week plan thread..have tried a dozen times there,and when i press submit, i just get "General Error"
@tracieknits sorry for butting in on yr thread but i wasnt sure where to contact Moogie x
Well, this week has been quite BUSY! but the good news is that I'm not only still losing, but I've broken through the 200 lb mark. I'm 199.4 today. Today and tomorrow are both fairly light days, so I'm hoping to be even lower on Wednesday :-) I didn't exercise much in the last week (46K steps instead of 70k) because it was too dang hot. But for the first time in days it had cooled down enough overnight that we could take our 6;30 am walk without it being like a sauna outside. So 2 miles down for the day, halfway towards my 10K per day goal.

I'll have a light day with as few carbs as I can manage. Dinner is beef chili - yum!

Side note, I realized I have almost no pajamas that fit. I have several nightgowns that can actually fall off - the neckline is bigger than my hips. I actually only have 1 summer nightgown that fits. Looks like nighties is something I'll have to add to my shopping list in Paris -- I've already sussed out where the closest Etam shop is and seen that nuisettes are mostly between 20 and 40 Euros. This is super exciting because even on my last trip to Paris, I never would have dreamed that I'd fit into anything in that shop :-) I think bras might be too dangerous as they're quite pricey and I'm planning on going down another band size this year. So I'll stick with nightgowns.

Our trip is in 10 days and I'm super excited. The suitcase is just a few feet away and I'm already starting to pack. Can't wait!!! I'm reading "The Widow Clicquot" in anticipation of our day trip to Reims.
Yay - that's absolutely brilliant @tracieknits - you've broken through into the 100's - congratulations!

It's all going on for you, isn't it?! Your trip is just days away - how exciting! I do hope you find some nice nightgowns whilst you're away...it must make you smile to think that you have lost so much weight that your old ones fall off you! Way to go....xx
Well, I've been keeping on keeping on, and it's still working.

I'm down a total of 74 pounds as of today. That's 37.2 since I started this combo program in April. I'm quite pleased. This week was significantly cooler, and so I was able to easily get all of my exercise in.

We leave for Paris on Thursday. I'm so excited! I have a pair of size 12 capri pants I'm bringing. They are a wee bit tight but not so much that I can't wear them. I'm also bringing size 14 jeans, a 14 skirt and 12/14 yoga pants (for wearing on the plane rides). I have two 14 dresses (one sundress, one dress-up black wrap dress). The first three days will be HOT, but the rest of the week should be nice.

Squee!
Blimey - 74 pounds down since April?!! That's astonishing! :shock: Well done Tracie @Traciknits it looks as though that holiday is very well deserved - just don't go and blow it on TOO many cream cakes!! Oh sorry, I shouldn't have said that - but French Patisseries? Mama Mia!! :shock: :grin:
Bean :heart:
Oh goodness no! 74 total and half of that is since April - about 37. :-) But thank you!!

You know it's weird - I always eat whatever I want in Paris, but I always come back a pound or two lighter. And I don't usually turn down dessert in Paris!! I think it's the constant walking. I do 10K steps a day at home, but it's usually more like 20K in Paris. And in Paris there are always more stairs!

:)
Have a fabulous time, @tracieknits - I know you'll enjoy every moment & we'll look forward to hearing all about your travels when you return!

Please have a croissant for me....

Take care xxx
Well done Tracie,hope you have a great time away in Paris. I look forward to hearing all about it.
Thanks so much ladies!!!

Well as of today, I'm 197.6. I'm hoping to be under 200 within 3 days after we return from Paris (to allow time to lose the water weight from the airplane ride).

Off to a thai lunch with the family -- then loads of work this afternoon cleaning, packing and making food for Aidan and our friends who are staying with him. I am loading up the freezer and fridge so I don't have to worry.
Water weight from the airplane ride? What's that?!! :shock:
Anyway, have yourself a super smashing time! Enjoy every moment xx
Bean :heart:
I think it's pretty common to bloat a bit on airplane rides. https://www.theguardian.com/theobserver ... emagazine1

I usually find that I'm up about 3 pounds after a transatlantic flight. That disappears in 2 or 3 days as long as I keep drinking water

Thanks so much! We are very much looking forward to this, even if Saturday will be 34/35 degrees C
Hi Tracie, FINALLY managed to get onto the new site just in time to wish you a happy holiday in Paris - how lovely. You're right about the walking, my husband and I went for the second time in June and walked the whole time. Favourite places this time were Parc St Cloud, on the outskirts to the west and Marie Antoinette's mock-up farm at Versailles. I wonder if the French have less (fewer??)weight problems because they tend to eat much more natural fat than people in the UK and US? They also do more on foot in Paris as it's impossible to park....and I think they also smoke more, 2 out of 3 ain't bad....
Well we are back from our trip and settling back into our routine. I gained back about 4 pounds on the trip but I don't care, it was worth it!!! hoping to do a proper fast day starting next week. Today we've started back with tracking food, lower carb yada yada. Beef chili for dinner tonight. I just snacked on a couple of fresh figs.

Well the inspiration for losing weight this summer was a great success:

Here are some photos from our vacation, if you're interested We had a particularly stunning dinner at Les Ombres, and our table was right in front of the Eiffel Tower. The view was unbelievable. Perfect way to celebrate 20 years since the day we met :-) http://s1291.photobucket.com/user/TracieKnits/library/2016%20Paris

And I have a new motivation to lose the rest of the weight. I've started with hot flashes >.< I had my last period in June, and had been hoping it wouldn't mess up my trip. Well then I noticed that sometimes the air conditioner didn't work as well as other times. Bruce said something about it probably wasn't the hotel's thermostat that was irregular and I realized oh my, that must be it. Hot flashes. They say that losing weight and being active are great ways to minimize the effect of hot flashes without having to take hormones, so there you go. My new inspiration for losing the rest of the weight.
Super photos @tracieknits - looks like you had a really fantastic time! I'm so pleased.

In the scheme of things, 4lbs is utterly nothing - it'll be gone in a flash! Talking of which, sorry to hear about the hot flashes. I am teetering on the edge of the menopause I reckon...and keep wondering if we could have a thread in the "Non diet chat" area. I know everyone is different - some women breeze through it, others suffer enormously - and to be honest, I'm a little anxious about it. Having said that, you are so right - if we keep the weight down and exercise regularly, it will no doubt help us on many levels.
Thank you Pernelle @Hazelnut20!

I was just talking with a nurse friend of mine and she said the reason for this is that fat holds on to estrogen. When you lose fat, there's less interference with estrogen and fewer problems with menopause.

There's some motivation!!
Previous 1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Next
133 posts Page 6 of 9