The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

14 posts Page 1 of 1
New Way of Life!!
10 Sep 2013, 15:06
Hi
I am into my third week of 5:2 and am finding it really effortless, to my surprise. :grin: What made me grab the bull by the horns attitude, I was out of breath most of the time and also my left knee felt really weak. My doctor suggested the 5:2 diet, so I bought the book and recipe book and started my quest for a better way of life.

So I weighed myself and felt ill when I looked down at the scales. OMG I was 18 and 1/2 stone!! :curse: I got hubby to measure all the bits I thought of, and I keep a small diary of what I eat and what exercise I do. The weight I would love to get to, would be 10 and 1/2 stone, so I have loads to loose. I hope by Christmas I would of lost 3 stone, I can't see why not!!

Well in total since 23/08 I have lost an amazing 10lbs. I was over the moon. My next weigh in is on Friday, so I'm hoping for more weight loss.

Will keep you posted with my losses and also inch loss. I am due to get measured on the 19 Sept. which I will take measurements once a month.
This is a great forum with fantastic stores/tips etc. Well done to everyone!!!! :wink:
Re: New Way of Life!!
10 Sep 2013, 15:48
Hi JJ309 and Welcome Brilliant news on your weight lost and also the Doctor encouraging you towards 5:2 well done that doc :heart:
My first weigh-in was 19 stone so we're on a similar long journey I've been doing 4:3 for 22 weeks, & have now lost 35 lbs :heart:
Dropped a group on my BMI and dropped down 3 sizes in clothing.
I've got rid of all my clothes to charity shop?s and have now bought a new wardrobe of ''interim '' clothes on a budget in sales & some charity shops
When I drop another 3 sizes the charity shop can then have these also.
I'm feeling fantastic as you can imagine not carting all that extra fat along with me, and I'm also now feeling the health benefits that this WOL bring into your life :heart: I'm now on no medication for OE my knees don't hurt anymore or my hips, also in those weeks I've no had a migraine ( suffered all my adult life? with them ).
Well Done to you getting on the scales with hubby there I can't admit even to him what I weigh but I will sometime soon, I do like many other members use this forum as a confessional to say stuff I can't to my family, and I do think its lovely to be able to do so.
Good Luck and keep in touch :clover: Sue
11 Sep 2013, 16:18
Thanks Sue, it's lovely to know that I'm not on my own and plus the fact having a supportive hubby does help things easier. I must say you have done brilliantly. It must have been an absolute thrill when you went to the charity shop to give away your clothes. WELL DONE YOU!!
I can't wait to do that myself, I'm sick and tired of my BIG clothes. God help the local charity shop when I get moving and grooving. But seriously though I already feel good and look forward to my fast days! I fast on Tuesday/Thursdays and then I have the weekend free!
Yes I will keep in touch Sue
Best of luck
11 Sep 2013, 16:28
Thats a fantastic start and will keep you feeling motivated! Dont look back,just keep going with your new WOL x
19 Sep 2013, 11:33
Just weighed in this morning and lost another 5lbs, I don't weigh myself each week so physicologically it feels more when I see the scales gone down from two weeks ago.
It's going the right way...
19 Sep 2013, 11:41
Well done JJ :like: :heart:

Re charity shops...I was thinking of popping into the charity shop to see if I could find some smaller clothes now my size 14's are getting baggy (!!!), but I'm afraid the shop will just be full of large size clothes donated by successful 5:2ers! :like:
26 Sep 2013, 17:48
Thanks Caroline and by the way the transformation in you is brilliant!
26 Sep 2013, 19:00
Hi JJ Wow that's a brilliant :heart:
Well done now that's given you more motivation to carry you
forward into the next week. Good Luck :clover: Sue. :clover:
26 Sep 2013, 19:26
Absolutely stunning. Congrats! :victory:
18 Oct 2013, 07:39
This week I have just completed two amazing fasts that went really well. I try to liquid fast because this suits me better and also I feel like I have fasted. :bugeyes:
Well I hit a plateau for the past couple of weeks but I knew I had lost inches around my body. I took the bull by the horns this morning and tentively crept onto the scales. To my relieve I had lost 3lbs :grin:. I'm not one to keep jumping on the scales because you get different weights even during the day. So I go by how I feel and how my clothes are fitting (or not) :confused:

Best of luck everyone :clover: (food is just around the corner) :dazed: :heart: :heart:
21 Oct 2013, 10:41
:victory: You're doing really well JJ ! It's almost good fun this diet :hugright:
21 Oct 2013, 11:05
Thanks Auriga, my hubby calls me JJ!! It's a really good forum, keeps you going :grin:
21 Oct 2013, 12:39
Great to hear you're doing so well JJ, welcome to the forum! :clover:
21 Oct 2013, 14:31
You are doing great JJ! :)

:clover: with your fasts!
14 posts Page 1 of 1