The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

22 posts Page 2 of 2
Re: Page 1......Here I go
16 Jul 2015, 06:34
Hi Brendajay - welcome good luck from me too, :clover: and I see you found todays fasting thread :like:
16 Jul 2015, 13:12
Welcome @brendajay! :)

As I am sure has already been suggested, do read through the "fasting library" and any threads of interest. This will help explain fasting and how it works and give you lots of ideas to help you sort out the best strategy for you. It is so important that any changes you want to make long term (such as foods you will exclude from your diet) are sustainable for you.

Best wishes and good luck! :) :clover:

NB I was born in Redhill Hospital and lived in South Godstone before we emigrated.
16 Jul 2015, 16:18
@brendajay, while this forum is wonderful and supportive, we can really throw a lot of well-meant advice your way and it can be confusing, even overwhelming.

I suggest you do "plain vanilla" 5:2 for awhile and find your best "rhythm." Personally, I'm one of those who will not restrict my food choices per some idea of ideal healthiness. Meaning, last night--on a normal day--I made and ate homemade rice krispie treats, which I'd been wanting for awhile. Mind you, I won't want them again for 6+ months...but with 5:2, when I do, I can! And lose/maintain my weight. I started out close to where you are, 208lbs, and am now plateaued at 176.2lbs (a little over a year in).
17 Jul 2015, 06:27
1st fast completed......... I feel great...it really wasn't hard. Added up Cal's and only had 286.
Breakfast. 2 egg white omlette with grated courgette. 32 Cal's

Lunch. Home made sour mushroom soup ( tastes better than it sounds) 39 Cal's

Evening. Fresh tuna stirfry with eat water slim noodles. 190 Cal's

Two cups tea 25 Cal's lots water and black coffee.
17 Jul 2015, 07:17
Well done for a great first fast. Nothing better than that really good fast feeling. A true sense of achievement.
17 Jul 2015, 13:09
Well done on your first fast, and welcome to the forum!!

:-)
17 Jul 2015, 20:36
Oh dear. Had a bad day,work wise, and did not eat well. 2nd fast day tomorrow and I don't feel positive. :frown:
22 posts Page 2 of 2