The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

22 posts Page 1 of 2
Page 1......Here I go
15 Jul 2015, 07:13
Never have kept a diary so this is a novelty.
I have read everything I can about 5 2 and I really feel this is worth trying. Because of work commitments my fast days will not be the same every week but on a three week basis. Tomorrow will be day 1 and Sunday day 2. I have planned my menu for both days and have decided that I will try different menus each week as it seems easier to shop and cook for 2 days at a time. I will weigh myself and measure my waist tomorrow morning. As I have so much to lose I am just going to keep my head down and get on with it. I will weigh in maybe once a month. I weigh about 210 / 220 not sure...... Find out tomorrow.
I wish I had someone to go through this with, but all my friends don't need to lose weight so I'm on my own. Well that's it. I'm of to get shopping done. I will add to this tomorrow after dreaded weigh in..........
Re: Page 1......Here I go
15 Jul 2015, 08:23
Hi and welcome @brendajay. Good luck with everything :clover: :like:
15 Jul 2015, 08:24
Hi @brendajay and welcome to the forum. Looks like you have a good plan in place. With regards to friends you'll find the more you post on the forum the more friends you will make and the more weight you will lose! There have been many 'meet ups' amongst forum folk - I live in the north of Scotland and only a few days ago met up with another forum member from America when she was holidaying up here! My advice to anyone is to stick with the forum especially when times are difficult.
15 Jul 2015, 10:43
Good luck. Where are you based? There may be someone near you who fancies a meet up.
15 Jul 2015, 11:06
@brendajay there are so many people here who will take this journey with you and are happy to help. Good Luck.
15 Jul 2015, 11:42
Good luck with your first fast days. :clover:
15 Jul 2015, 11:56
Hi Brenda x you are amongst friends here! Just jump in, browse,share,enjoy x x
Look out tomorrow for the Fasting Today thread and you will find some fellow fasters x good luck! :clover:
15 Jul 2015, 12:10
Welcome @brendajay - you're definitely not on your own!

Look forward to seeing how you progress!

:clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover:
15 Jul 2015, 12:38
brendajay wrote: Never have kept a diary so this is a novelty.
I have read everything I can about 5 2 and I really feel this is worth trying. Because of work commitments my fast days will not be the same every week but on a three week basis. Tomorrow will be day 1 and Sunday day 2. I have planned my menu for both days and have decided that I will try different menus each week as it seems easier to shop and cook for 2 days at a time. I will weigh myself and measure my waist tomorrow morning. As I have so much to lose I am just going to keep my head down and get on with it. I will weigh in maybe once a month. I weigh about 210 / 220 not sure...... Find out tomorrow.
I wish I had someone to go through this with, but all my friends don't need to lose weight so I'm on my own. Well that's it. I'm of to get shopping done. I will add to this tomorrow after dreaded weigh in..........

Hi Brenda and welcome. I can honestly say you will find this is one of the best decisions of your life, to fast.

I started on the 16th Feb 2015 at a staggering 268lbs -19 stone 2lbs. I have already lost 53lbs and only 3lbs off 4 stone! So we weigh around the same right now. Everyone here is very helpful and supportive. I'd be more than happy to buddy up with you as I check the forum most days.

If you are lucky like me fasting will be easy. I can fast for 24hrs, I have just one meal at 8pm tonight, so that's 24hrs from my last meal. I won't eat again until around 2pm tomorrow, once I'm hungry. How are you splitting your calories? What are you going to drink?

My top tips for a successful transition into fasting is to cut out sugar right away. Already on your fast day you won't be having sugar, take that into the next day when you will naturally have a reduced appitite. Mak good food choices and stay off naughty food for one whole week. I promise you by day 8 all that rubbish will be out of your body and the cravings will be gone! Of course have treats as you need them after that but remember that a 'treat' is 'an occasional' happening, not a daily event. I stopped eating white potatoes, switched to sweet potatoes. I eat brown rice now and I only have low GI Bread that has zero sugar in it. Of course you might find it all very radical but cutting out these things in your first week sets you up for an easier second week. I've advised many people to do this that have struggled to fast and to make good choices on none fast days and it has worked every time. I also never drink diet drinks etc. It's a good thing to read up on, as well as sugar. I now eat a low carb high (good) fat diet with lots of veg. A great snack I love is a table spoon of butter spread on chunks of banana. Delicious and packed with energy and good fats.

Shout out if you need help or just want to talk through your fast day and do tell us where you are located.

Good luck, remember to keep drinking.... A good half glass of water drank quickly when hunger pangs strike really helps! And remeber that hunger does pass!! :clover:
15 Jul 2015, 15:51
Thank you for all your messages. I am in Redhill Surrey...... Anyone close?
16 Jul 2015, 01:08
HI @brendajay, I am not close. I am on the other side of the world in Tasmania. But can I be your friend? Come over to the Fasting Today Thursday the 16th of July page and join me in my fast today. Make sure you drink enough when you're starting out. Tea, coffee, water and keep busy. See you around.
16 Jul 2015, 03:50
Welcome and good luck, @brendajay!
16 Jul 2015, 06:10
Weighed in at 213 lb.
Waist 47.5 inches
Neck 16 inches
Thigh 24.5 inches
Hips 46 inches
Bust 47 inches
Mmmmm what happened to the 36 24 36 ????? LOL.
Today's the day :clover:
16 Jul 2015, 06:25
Hi there, sorry I missed your first post, good luck and I look forward to seeing your numbers change.
Keep positive and remember that you can have it tomorrow....
:clover:
22 posts Page 1 of 2